Home

The forgotten game aspect: special teams

This is a discussion on The forgotten game aspect: special teams within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2010, 02:18 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: The forgotten game aspect: special teams

You can block long field goals by using punt block, thats gimmicky though. It's hard to make that aspect of the game realistic though.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:20 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

You know the most stupid thing of all is using punt block you can often get a better punt return than you can get when you actually choose a punt return play. How ridiculous is that??
Old 05-17-2010, 02:21 PM   #11
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

You know, I was JUST thinking the same exact thing. Good post OP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2010, 02:37 PM   #12
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
You know the most stupid thing of all is using punt block you can often get a better punt return than you can get when you actually choose a punt return play. How ridiculous is that??
i always return using block kick play , even if it means risking roughing the punter
Old 05-17-2010, 02:43 PM   #13
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I really wish they would add in the ability to have bad snaps. Imagine having two meters on a punt or field goal. Pushing up on the left stick would initiate the power meter and then pulling it down would snap the ball. Depending on how far left or right off center your movement was, it would cause the snap to be off line in the corresponding direction. Also, you could have low snaps or snaps over the holder's head if you were too far off on the power (kind of like shooting a free throw in most basketball games [Live 10 specifically]).

Once you completed the snap, you then kicked the ball with the right stick like you always have. Also, the kicker would not start his kicking motion until you had started your move with the right stick. That way, players who take their time to make sure the snap is good might not get the kick off as quickly and risk giving the defense time to get in and block it. On the other hand, some players may rush to get the kick off quicker but sacrifice snap accuracy and kick accuracy in the process.

I've always thought this would be an easy system to create and it would add a lot of realism and skill to field goals, PATs, and punts.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:47 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 25

i have blocked 5 in over 20 yrs in both madden and NCAA....FIVE.

ST should get some love soon i hope....
Old 05-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

It won't because EA says most people don't want to have things beyond their control be in the game. So you will never see stuff like snaps-over-the-head, bobbled snaps, etc in an EA football game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2010, 07:04 PM   #16
Rookie

thendfanzach's Arena

OVR: 4

the only tiime i ever bocked a punt was in '09. i actually frequently did it with a created middle linebacker who came through the gut and was really fast. if i had not created him, it would not have happened. also, some cheeser kept blocking my kicks in an online game i dont know how he did it but there was always a huge hole a corner ran in from the middle and the guy pretty much ate the ball every time

North Texas Dyansty: 2016-NC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »