Home

If Coaching Changes is in,What would make it right?

This is a discussion on If Coaching Changes is in,What would make it right? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2010, 11:03 AM   #25
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: If Coaching Changes is in,What would make it right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
just copy CH2K8
Yup, that mode was legendary, too bad I don't really like college hoops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2010, 12:58 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 19

In short, I would suggest the following:

1st:
Playbooks should be tied into coach's (Head, O/D Coordinator) experience
--Ex. Cincy's Kelly to Michigan, the Wolverine's will look/play different.
--Every coach should not have a full playbook with every/all plays
--As a created Coach, an OFF/DEF Style would be selected with small base plays of that System
--Hiring other coach's, will open up other selectable plays from their resume that I can add to my Playbook.
--The #/type of plays available to the QB will depend on yrs/exp with coach

2nd:
"Lane Kiffin" style transitioning with the coaching carousel
-Because plays are attached to the coach, losing your OFF-Coord will remove those plays from your playbook, forcing you to hire a compatable coach
--Just like player's, similiar programming should be implemented so top O/D Coord do not go to small/losing schools
Old 05-24-2010, 01:26 PM   #27
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
-Because plays are attached to the coach, losing your OFF-Coord will remove those plays from your playbook, forcing you to hire a compatable coach
The only thing I don't like about this is that there are some head coaches who are their own coordinator. Like June Jones at SMU, Brian Kelly who was at Cincy and is now at Notre Dame. Mike Leach had an OC I believe, but he called the plays and the offense, Air Raid, was his all the way. I'm sure there are HC's who are their own DC too.

Like I said earlier... having the option of having an OC or DC would be great.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:21 PM   #28
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

As much as I am drooling for this feature, if the simmed stats don't play out according to the playbook, to me it's a moot point.

Using my number one biggest gripe as far as simmed stats (QB's running 200 times a year being #2), FB's in the Flexbone/Option offenses get 50-75 carries a year, tops. Doesn't matter how you do sliders, the HB's in those offenses get nearly 400 carries and lead the NCAA in rushing every year in NCAA 10. If the this isn't fixed, a coaching carosel would be near meaningless to me.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:05 AM   #29
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
As much as I am drooling for this feature, if the simmed stats don't play out according to the playbook, to me it's a moot point.

Using my number one biggest gripe as far as simmed stats (QB's running 200 times a year being #2), FB's in the Flexbone/Option offenses get 50-75 carries a year, tops. Doesn't matter how you do sliders, the HB's in those offenses get nearly 400 carries and lead the NCAA in rushing every year in NCAA 10. If the this isn't fixed, a coaching carosel would be near meaningless to me.
I just hope if and when its done its done with care and all of the things that will make since and realistic.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
just copy CH2K8
This. The blueprint from CH2K8 is perfect for a Dyntasy mode. Just straight up rip it off.

The only reason College Hoops wasn't more successful had nothing to do with the quality of the game, it had to do with the fact that the mainstream consumer (for whatever reason) doesn't want to play college basketball video games. College Hoops was good enough to make me play it, and I don't even like basketball that much.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:32 AM   #31
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
The only thing I don't like about this is that there are some head coaches who are their own coordinator. Like June Jones at SMU, Brian Kelly who was at Cincy and is now at Notre Dame. Mike Leach had an OC I believe, but he called the plays and the offense, Air Raid, was his all the way. I'm sure there are HC's who are their own DC too.

Like I said earlier... having the option of having an OC or DC would be great.
That's cool and all but it goes both ways, USC had two OCs when Kiffin and Sark were on staff (Carroll was his own DC for a while as well). But how many coaches and coordinators does the average college football team have, 9-13? Assuming coaching carousel is in, we'd likely get 3-4 coaches. I'd rather have to fill those 3-4 spots than have coaches have dual roles since there's so few spots to begin with.

Last edited by prowler; 05-26-2010 at 01:53 AM. Reason: edited for clarity
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2010, 01:49 AM   #32
MVP

duckfever8's Arena

OVR: 23

Madden has 4 coaches, head coach, offensive/defensive coordinator and the special teams coach. I don't really expect position coaches outside of the ST coaches because Madden dosen't have position coaches.
NBA-Portland Trail Blazers
NFL-Carolina Panthers
MLB-San Francisco Giants
NHL-Los Angeles Kings
Won't change this signature until Oregon wins a national championship (started 3/10/10)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »