Home

It can't really be changed, but my gripe with ESPN presentation

This is a discussion on It can't really be changed, but my gripe with ESPN presentation within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2010, 01:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
It can't really be changed, but my gripe with ESPN presentation

First of all, it's apparent that this game will be a far cry from looking like an actual, REAL ESPN telecast, what with the impossible replay angles and the more-than-likely lacking cutscene storyboards.

With that being said...

I would infinitely prefer it if EA would just use high-res video clips of things such as the replay wipe, instead of actually rendering it inside the graphics engine. There is a notable difference, and while it may not bother some (and that is good on you), it bugs me.

That's all. Your thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2010, 10:29 AM   #2
Rookie

TheGipper86's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: It can't really be changed, but my gripe with ESPN presentation

I personally thought the graphics rendering looks awesome. While it may not be perfect, it still beats the hell out of anything else I could see them doing.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:02 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 29

for a replay wipe you can't just use a clip that you record off tv. a replay wipe is a keyed element meaning it has to be married to the image behind it with production equipment. I guess they could get a hold of ESPNs wipe, but it would most likely take more money and time than it's worth. also, I like it better the way it is because it keeps the graphic look consistent throughout the game.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:15 PM   #4
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I know people want the "real" broadcast angles, but I'm glad they're doing something different. I've already seen EA's attempt at replicating authentic broadcast angles the past few years and what we got were boring replays. I want the play on the field to be as realistic as possible, but when it comes to presentation, I'm willing to let things slide and give them some room for creativity (as long as it's done well).
Old 05-27-2010, 12:47 PM   #5
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Why even say anything negative about a game that YOU haven't even played yet? Their workin' their @$$ off but yet some feel its' alright to continously complain. Really? Relax, they may have an angle where you say 'wow' I wish TV had that angle.

Me personally I think its' great their even implementing things now, plus by month 4 of playing the game I'll probably be skippin' 'em anyway
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2010, 12:57 PM   #6
Rookie

Husker88Chief's Arena

OVR: 4

I like the theory behind broadcast angles, but most of them simply aren't playable. I have no interest in controlling my QB when looking straight down the LOS.

The great thing about football video games like NCAA Football is the mesh of on-the-field play and broadcasting. I like things like replay wipes and ESPN's presentation, but mixing in other camera angles is risking damaging the gameplay.

I know I speak for myself and others when in NCAA and Madden on big plays and 4th downs the camera would take an "intense" or "creative" angle, which only led to distracting my gameplay, often leading to a missed field goal or passing near a cornerback the screen woudn't let you see.

It's a neat idea, but in the end it comes down to gameplay. If it hurts gameplay, take it out, if it has no effect on gameplay, by all means lets see it.

Nebraska Football: 12-2 (Big Ten Runner-Up & Capitol One Bowl Champions)

Kansas City Chiefs: 10-6 (1st in AFC West)
Old 05-27-2010, 01:56 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

What Husker said....
Old 05-27-2010, 02:05 PM   #8
Rookie

TheGipper86's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker88Chief
I like the theory behind broadcast angles, but most of them simply aren't playable. I have no interest in controlling my QB when looking straight down the LOS.

The great thing about football video games like NCAA Football is the mesh of on-the-field play and broadcasting. I like things like replay wipes and ESPN's presentation, but mixing in other camera angles is risking damaging the gameplay.

I know I speak for myself and others when in NCAA and Madden on big plays and 4th downs the camera would take an "intense" or "creative" angle, which only led to distracting my gameplay, often leading to a missed field goal or passing near a cornerback the screen woudn't let you see.

It's a neat idea, but in the end it comes down to gameplay. If it hurts gameplay, take it out, if it has no effect on gameplay, by all means lets see it.
+1.
But don't tell the Backbreaker people about this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »