Home

Offensive pass blocking

This is a discussion on Offensive pass blocking within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2010, 12:20 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Offensive pass blocking

Short and sweet:

Have they done anything to address the offensive line this year at all when it comes to passing? is there any sense of a pocket and do my defensive end and tackle really matter?

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 12:30 AM   #2
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Offensive pass blocking

I don't think there's been much information in this area. They've talked a lot about improved run blocking and authentic blocking assignments, but not much mention of pass blocking specifically.

It seems like in one of the chats they talked briefly about pass blocking, but it was the standard, "Yeah, we've improved pass blocking this year." I'm pretty sure there hasn't been any mention of specific changes/improvements.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:31 AM   #3
Rookie

Husker88Chief's Arena

OVR: 4

To be honest I don't think they need to make the pass game any better. The real assignment AI should take care of any 'tard offensive line glitches in the pocket. Other than that the offensive passing numbers are already monstrous.

Nebraska Football: 12-2 (Big Ten Runner-Up & Capitol One Bowl Champions)

Kansas City Chiefs: 10-6 (1st in AFC West)
Old 06-02-2010, 12:34 AM   #4
Pro

but what about an explosive defensive tackles that break up passing by getting penetration up the middle... what about the pocket collapsing? what I want to see is my DT and DE mean something when I waste time recruiting a huge line against speed.

4-6-09
Old 06-02-2010, 12:39 AM   #5
Rookie

Husker88Chief's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lint
but what about an explosive defensive tackles that break up passing by getting penetration up the middle... what about the pocket collapsing? what I want to see is my DT and DE mean something when I waste time recruiting a huge line against speed.
Defense doesn't sell games.

See: Ndamukong Suh's NCAA '10 Stats (or lack thereof)

He would constantly get single-teamed and dominated at the line. WTF!? Texas' O-Line couldn't even contain him with double and triple teams.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 12:41 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker88Chief

He would constantly get single-teamed and dominated at the line. WTF!? Texas' O-Line couldn't even contain him with double and triple teams.
You have a point, but at least give me the realistic option. I am tired of engage disengage offensive line logic.

4-6-09
Old 06-02-2010, 12:45 AM   #7
Rookie

Husker88Chief's Arena

I'm not saying I like it or approve of it, but it's a reality that more offensive improvements will sell more games, thus defense gets the shaft. I've had games where me and a friend score on every drive of a game and the winner is the one who has the ball most based on the clock.

Defense is lacking hardcore. The only way to get D-Line pressure is by sort of cheating. You have to manually mess with it. It's dumb.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:53 AM   #8
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker88Chief

It would if they added in a real-time physics engine that made hits and collisions feel more organic and fun. Defense is all about interactions (hits, fighting off blocks, jamming receivers, etc.) and I think we can all agree that player interactions in NCAA are lacking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »