Home

Best Recruit You Ever Had??

This is a discussion on Best Recruit You Ever Had?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #49
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Best Recruit You Ever Had??

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
http://stewaat.webs.com/HBs.html

Check out Ivan McKinney. He was robbed of the Heisman but he led my squad to a National Title. He broke the NCAA TD & yards record. He was injured the last half of his Sr season...which was tough to not hit the reset button lol
That's a sweet page and set-up. Is this something you did on your own or is there a program I haven't heard of?

Old 06-12-2010, 11:49 AM   #50
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

My best recruit may have been a walkon. I started a CAS dynasty with my high school. Made them horrible. Only like 3 players over 80 overall. I sign a bunch of 2 star and 1 star guys my first year, which were an improvement over many of my current players. But I'm short a wide receiver. I expect to get an awful walk on who would still compete for a spot. But nope. I get an 85 overall WALK ON. Yes. I swear on my life this is true. Made my offense insanely better. Went from a run heavy team to a very balanced attack. Turned my team in the right direction, giving me a shot at recruiting better and leading me into the future.

My best OD recruit was either my DE who came in at an 88 overall and just tore it up or some of the RBs I brought into Virginia Tech. When you've got an 87 overall freshman getting redshirted because he's 4th on the depth chart, you know you're bringing them in. Let's just say that team ran the ball about 85% of the time.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 06-12-2010, 12:12 PM   #51
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

My best recruit comes from NCAA 09 OD. I had Cincinatti and after the first season 10/11 defensive starters graduated. I was recruiting and just plugging in freshmen and here comes this 3* MLB out of Ohio by the name of Chris Herron. 6'3 245lb guy who was only a 70 ovr with 78 speed that I had to plug in as a freshman and tell to lead my defense.

In three years he progressed from 70 overall to either 86 or 88 overall, went over 100 tackles his last two seasons, 2x 1st Team All-American, and overall he was just that dude. I dubbed him the Beast in the East since I was in the Big East. He proved that the scouts aren't always right.

Thanks to a glitch in OD I wasn't able to even attempt to talk him into staying for his senior season and I actually lost a lot of good people that year

Honroable mention goes to a MLB I had in NCAA 08 just because his name was Tiger Fowlkes.

My Video Game Streams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 29

While playing an OD with a couple friends I was using Fresno State. Recruited a 6'2" 215 lb CB with 99 SPD and 97 ACC to go with 81 CTH.

He went on to play both ways as a WR/CB and rained down to dominate Heisman voting 3 straight years.

My best Offline Recruit was QB - Jacob Garcia at Ohio University. We weren't a powerful team but he kept us in every game. He had mid-80s THP and THA but also had 89 SPD which really helped me in the flexbone/spread offense. He won a Heisman and finally a National Title his senior season before I moved on to coach SMU.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 20

I just had one recently, terry bennett, a 5 star DT who I somehow managed to pick up in year 1 of an idaho dynasty. I played him as a true freshman at DT and left him there his sophmore and junior season. He had over 20 career sacks by that point and was constantly among the top defensive linemen statistically in the country. His senior year I decided to move him over to the RE spot, he ended his junior year a 95 overall as a DT and probably would have been a 99 overall but moving him to RE dropped him to 91 and then in the offseason he progressed to a 95 overall. The best part was he had no intent of going pro after his junior year in which he won a couple season awards and had very good numbers. Did not even have to talk him into staying.

He ended up with 28 sacks and over 100 tackles as a senior playing DE. He was only like 6'1" but weighed like 296. As a senior he had 98 strength, 84 speed, 99 power moves, and 92 finesse moves. Was also 90s in tackling and hit power and then looking around I saw that he was over 60 in the coverage ratings as well meaning rating wise he could actually possibly have made the switch to OLB as a pass rusher and even been alright meaning he could probably have played DT, with weight not being a factor he could have made it as a NT but due to realism I wouldn't do that once he went pro, could have been a DE in any system, or could have been an OLB in a 3-4 and in any of those roles he could have found success.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:17 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 62

I just got one as well. A 5 Star DT Paul Crews, he came in as a 92 OVR and started from day one in Year 7 of my FSU in the Big 12 North Dynasty. Through 11 games he has 20 TFLs but somehow has not gotten a sack. By himself he shuts down the opposing running game.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:56 PM   #55
Rookie

bballsoccergreg's Arena

OVR: 3

I mostly play with small schools that are in good recruiting areas and build them up to powerhouses within a few years. I just dont find Dynasty mode fun when your using a good team because frankly its too easy to win. So normally i play with Fresno state because they have a good scramblin quarterback. The two best players i've ever had with them were both recruited when in the offseason they add new recruits to the board. They were both the number player overall in both of their classes. The first one was a 6'5" 240 lbs. linebacker out of Texas that somehow developed interest in me when i simulated. He was 88 as a freshman but was an athletic freak. 88 speed, 90 acc, 87 or so agility, 85 tackle and hitpower and ridiculously good jump 93. He won the linebacker award 2 times out of his 4 year career. Was 99 as a junior so it was hard to get him to come back. Could always almost block field goals with him because of his acc speed and jump and comp. would often miss. Also because of his ridiculous jump he could guard the comeback routes from ridiculously far away. Funnest player i have ever played with on ncaa. The BEST player i have ever gotten was the number one tackle in the nation at fresno state 1st year. He was 90 as a freshman and was ridiculously balanced as well. high 80's pass and run block as a freshman.Also 93 strgth. Won the best lineman award soph. year on. by the time he was a senior the whole line 95 or above because i recruited it very heavily and i would time to see how long i wouldn't have to move before i got sacked because of how good the o line was. Forget my record but it was sick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 01:01 AM   #56
Banned

dreezymac's Arena

OVR: 11

Playing as Oregon in an Online Dynasty, had a 3 star DE named Jared King. Started 76 overall, finished his senior season at 95 overall w/ 63 tackles, 13.5 sacks and the Heisman...not with out a little help though!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »