Home

An apology is owed.

This is a discussion on An apology is owed. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 12:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
An apology is owed.

I feel a responsibility as a formally vehement detractor of EA Sports football products, to applaud the work done by EA on NCAA Football 11. You delivered on all the major aspects that the fans wanted so badly, and have made an incredibly impressive game. This feels like football, and that may be one of the greatest achievements made by video game developers, this contains more subtleties (And not just Hideo Kojima adding a dream or a magazine on some random table) that make this experience great. I will never again claim you guys slept on the job this generation, you’re on the verge of releasing a game that has the power to be this generation’s NCAA 06. The "NCAA X Wishlist" has gone from being chocked full of fundamental wishes, to minor changes. Not only would I like to say great work, but congratulations as well.

Signed,
Way-too-hardcore detractor
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 12:20 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: An apology is owed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el bandolero
I feel a responsibility as a formally vehement detractor of EA Sports football products, to applaud the work done by EA on NCAA Football 11. You delivered on all the major aspects that the fans wanted so badly, and have made an incredibly impressive game. This feels like football, and that may be one of the greatest achievements made by video game developers, this contains more subtleties (And not just Hideo Kojima adding a dream or a magazine on some random table) that make this experience great. I will never again claim you guys slept on the job this generation, you’re on the verge of releasing a game that has the power to be this generation’s NCAA 06. The "NCAA X Wishlist" has gone from being chocked full of fundamental wishes, to minor changes. Not only would I like to say great work, but congratulations as well.

Signed,

agreed
Old 06-15-2010, 12:37 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:

Signed,
Lol, I think your giving alittle to much credit here. The games a step up, but I wouldnt say its in line with other sports games(2k10 bball, mlb the show, etc...)
Old 06-15-2010, 12:42 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 21

Old 06-15-2010, 12:44 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Lol, I think your giving alittle to much credit here. The games a step up, but I wouldnt say its in line with other sports games(2k10 bball, mlb the show, etc...)
You can't compare the programming in a basketball or baseball game with that in a football game, those sports are not nearly as difficult to program.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 12:45 AM   #6
Rookie

Husker88Chief's Arena

I've played 1 game of the demo thus far and I can already notice leaps and bounds from past issues.

Granted I'm not a fan of the new playcalling screen, I liked last years, there are very limited complaints that are far outweighed by the pleasantries.

Nebraska Football: 12-2 (Big Ten Runner-Up & Capitol One Bowl Champions)

Kansas City Chiefs: 10-6 (1st in AFC West)
Old 06-15-2010, 03:58 AM   #7
Rookie

thesteamontheboat's Arena

OVR: 8

By far the best sports demo EA has ever released alot of replay value for a demo.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:59 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
You can't compare the programming in a basketball or baseball game with that in a football game, those sports are not nearly as difficult to program.
And how do you know this?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »