Home

Did the PS3 owners get screwed again?

This is a discussion on Did the PS3 owners get screwed again? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 12:40 AM   #1
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Did the PS3 owners get screwed again?

I'm looking at some 360 gameplay vids on YouTube, and it looks brighter and cleaner. To me the PS3 version is way too dark. And I was playing as FSU earlier, and the big FSU logo in the middle of the field looked terrible.

Jeez, what gives?

Sony can make a game like The Show pop off the screen, make other games like Heavy Rain look excellent and yet we can't a freakin football game to look just like the 360 version.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 12:43 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Did the PS3 owners get screwed again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I'm looking at some 360 gameplay vids on YouTube, and it looks brighter and cleaner. To me the PS3 version is way too dark. And I was playing as FSU earlier, and the big FSU logo in the middle of the field looked terrible.

Jeez, what gives?

Sony can make a game like The Show pop off the screen, make other games like Heavy Rain look excellent and yet we can't a freakin football game to look just like the 360 version.

It's cause the game is developed for the XBOX cause it's a technically weaker system.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:44 AM   #3
Pro

khaled's Arena

OVR: 10

okay good so its not just me. It just hurts the experience.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:03 AM   #4
Rookie

PHIBALNATION's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by krc1130
It's cause the game is developed for the XBOX cause it's a technically weaker system.
LOL, gotta love the ps3 fanboys!!
Old 06-16-2010, 01:23 AM   #5
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaled
okay good so its not just me. It just hurts the experience.
man, it's borderline terrible in some settings IMO. It used to be I avoided playing dusk games because they looked like a red sand storm had just passed over.

Now, the partly cloudy games look bad...just way too dark in some parts of the field. The rain & overcast games might as well be night games even though they're at 12:30pm.

I just dont get why they cant tweak this stuff. For all this talk about "new lighting", it's pretty much non-existant on the PS3.

Or at least do what other games do and put in a brightness, contrast, etc. settings IN-GAME and let us tweak it.

Last edited by stoncold32; 06-16-2010 at 01:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 01:32 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Honestly I can't tell any difference between the systems at all. They are pretty much that exact same to me when it comes to this game. Maybe someone has some gamma or something higher on their tv (dont even know if you can do that). Also, some ppl might like a darker look compared to a brighter look. It probably has something to do with how the tv is set up and not the systems.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:32 AM   #7
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

I have no problems with the ps3 version, it looks great to me although it's not going to look as good because it's developed on the 360 and ported over but it still looks pretty good in my eyes. If it was developed for each system separately it would look much better but honestly is it really that bad how it is now????
Old 06-16-2010, 01:35 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD2084
I have no problems with the ps3 version, it looks great to me although it's not going to look as good because it's developed on the 360 and ported over but it still looks pretty good in my eyes. If it was developed for each system separately it would look much better but honestly is it really that bad how it is now????
There was a thread made recently that one of the developers responded to and said the game is not ported and they are made side by side. I don't know where the thread is but it was in the last week or 2. I am sure someone else knows where it is.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »