Home

Your Opinion On The Auto Sprint From The Demo?

This is a discussion on Your Opinion On The Auto Sprint From The Demo? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2010, 03:44 PM   #41
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Your Opinion On The Auto Sprint From The Demo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Oh and for all you people who say it's "arcade" to have 'Turbo' or whatever..are you saying that a runner cannot choose when to get that extra OOMPH on a run? They sure as heck can. I keep seeing that "they should run full speed all the time" argument but that doesn't fly to me, football players do not run at 100% maximum speed all the time.

They run about 95-96% I'd guesstimate and then when they see a chance to breakaway they hit that "second gear" and go to 100%. So for that reason I've never had any issue with the turbo being in the game.

As it is I honestly won't shed a tear if they remove it though...one less thing in the game for my grandpa like gamer skills to have to concentrate on... but I don't see that it's unrealistic to have it either.
I get what you are saying but yes the sprint button is totally arcade the way it has been implemented for years. If user controlled the speed burst should be much smaller.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #42
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

has anyone done some testing to see if the ai speed bursts all the time with the auto on???

because with the old scheme, the ai would always go turbo to match you....and the thing I don't like about that is you could never let off turbo to make another cut because they would still be on turbo and eat you up

but they wouldn't go turbo until you hit it yourself

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 06-23-2010, 04:37 PM   #43
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
has anyone done some testing to see if the ai speed bursts all the time with the auto on???

because with the old scheme, the ai would always go turbo to match you....and the thing I don't like about that is you could never let off turbo to make another cut because they would still be on turbo and eat you up

but they wouldn't go turbo until you hit it yourself
I have never seen the CPU AI WR go into turbo to counter my DB/LB or whoever going into turbo....EVER ......so it must have just been an AI D thing even though I have never noticed that either.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-23-2010, 04:40 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Yeah, in fact that's a common complaint from people, that the CPU is too dumb to use sprint and it gives the human the unfair advantage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »