Home

The play call screen on PS3

This is a discussion on The play call screen on PS3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2010, 04:41 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: The play call screen on PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdarnell
You should really try to start calling your plays by formation. It makes you study the game more and can be a lot more enjoyable. JMO.
Another poster mentioned some of my reasons for using Ask Corso in another post but the general idea is that I don't have the time and find it to serve somewhat like an OC/DC...it gives me plays that it recommends given the situation and I can still have the final say. When I was young and single, I used to create a play call sheet for each game but now that I'm married with a kid, a job, and a house payment, I just don't have the time to sift through and learn every play in the playbook.

Regardless, it just seems like a step back for me because the last several years, I've been able to change up the packages regardless of how I called plays. Now I can't...doesn't make sense to me that you'd take away an option. Also, if it functions the same as Madden, I can't go out to the By Formation screen, change my package, and go back to Ask Corso...in Madden it resets to the Normal package. At the very least, I'd like to have the option to switch back to the old style.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:46 PM   #10
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
just different at first. the new play call screen is actually pretty handy in what it does. i've grown to like it pretty well.
i like it. its just getting used to going up and down and not having to back out of the formation
Old 06-22-2010, 05:23 PM   #11
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but if you hold down "X" it selects the play you started on when first pressing "X"... you then scroll through as many plays as you want, and when you let up it goes to the field.

This hides the actual play that you selected if playing someone in the same room.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 05:59 PM   #12
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

another thing on the new play call screen before selecting a formation, pressing Y goes directly to special teams, and pressing X goes directly to goal line formation.

very nice.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »