Home

Ratings to Gameplay Project

This is a discussion on Ratings to Gameplay Project within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2010, 10:55 PM   #9
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Ratings to Gameplay Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUMD224

I would want player B to be on my team. People think awareness doesn't matter but in fact it does. A Quarterback with high awareness is not going to make the stupid mistakes and be turnover prone.

I will get to the quote in a second.

I find this thread to be very interesting. Is NCAA 11 going to be the testing grounds for this project because using an older game may provide inaccurate results with the current game.
I would be very interested in hearing the results however I will not have the time to be able to participate in the research. I know similar projects have been done before but as I said an older game may not provide the same results.

I wanted to ask MattUMD about the QB awareness. Does awareness still have an impact when the QB is user controled?
Old 06-24-2010, 10:57 PM   #10
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88

I find this thread to be very interesting. Is NCAA 11 going to be the testing grounds for this project because using an older game may provide inaccurate results with the current game.
I would be very interested in hearing the results however I will not have the time to be able to participate in the research. I know similar projects have been done before but as I said an older game may not provide the same results.

I wanted to ask MattUMD about the QB awareness. Does awareness still have an impact when the QB is user controled?
I really don't think so, because you are controlling the player yourself, now if we had the vision cone, then hells yes it would affect things.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:00 PM   #11
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88

Glad you're able to think outside the box with me. My mind goes places that other people aren't ready for, but in the long run it's usually productive.

To answer your question, I plan to test this out when NCAA 11 arrives. I don't have any other football games on next-gen so that's the only option.

I plan to use the results to fine-tune my recruiting philosophy and strategy.

If it's found that I can get the same on-field performance from players who are rated less than 4* or 5* that will give me a huge advantage in the recruiting game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2010, 11:04 PM   #12
Rookie

mgcole42's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
But a user is deciding where to throw the ball, so is awareness even an issue for quarterbacks? Essentially, isn't the QB awareness only as good as the man pushing the buttons?
thats what i always thought, maybe it still plays a minor role in how good of a pass he throws? or maybe shaking off sacks if they see them coming? or pitches? idk

i think that people are interested but i dont see a lot of people willing to put a lot of time into it themselves
Old 06-25-2010, 03:05 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 5

I suspect that awareness doesn't matter at all for user controlled QBs. But I might test this out in NCAA 10.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:39 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawkmike
I suspect that awareness doesn't matter at all for user controlled QBs. But I might test this out in NCAA 10.
It doesn't effect human controlled QB's

It only effects the performance of CPU QB's.....

For example this is a created version of Peyton Manning in NCAA 10....now with default rosters you don't see the CPU under pressure throw the ball away out of bounds.

Manning with 96 Awareness on my roster file last year would avoid throwing the ball in coverage and just throw it away
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/20848898

Awareness also helps in the pocket they will tend to side step a pass rusher.

It's a real subtle move that goes unoticed when avoiding the pass rush but a move that most of EA's default QB's don't do enough of because they lack pocket awareness
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/20848861

Instead we get QB's who force throws into coverage or they have dumb animation where the ball goes flying up in the air for a INT by the DL.

Awareness tends to make them see the field better vs the Human controlled defense and allows the CPU offensive play calling appear to be smarter only because the QB is doing more of the right things in the game on the field for his team.

Awareness can be utilized to create smarter Option QB's they recognize where the defender is more often and when to make the pitch....there are a few other ratings that tie into creating mobile QB's in which most people tend to think it's just speed and acceleration.

A really good Option QB needs to have his Ball Carrier Vision Rating, Elusivness Rating and Agility Rating and Awareness rating all rated properly in order for him to be effective in the game on the field vs a HUMAN controlled defense.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 06-25-2010 at 04:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »