Home

Whats the BEST BCS Conference?

This is a discussion on Whats the BEST BCS Conference? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2010, 06:51 PM   #17
Banned

1GATORFAN4EVA's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Whats the BEST BCS Conference?

SEC even though I'm a Gator..... Your bias if you don't think it's the SEC
Old 06-27-2010, 06:53 PM   #18
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfan_95
Personal opinion here, I don't believe the SEC is the toughest for the lone fact that they only have 2 or 3 teams that contend for a conference title a year, and I do recognize that they have one the past 4 years, 2 were great Florida teams, 1 was a now declining LSU squad, and an upcoming Alabama team. Now in the ACC, BIG 12 (10), and even the PAC-10 as of late you never know who's gonna win the conference title and whoever does is usually in the NC game. Just my opinion though.
This is just a bad argument. Even if it were true that there are more teams that could win the conference in other conferences, that does nothing to establish what the BEST or most powerful conference is.

Anyway, the SEC not only has won 6 of the 12 BCS championships, but 4 different teams have won it. No other conference can even compare to that diversity of championship teams. Literally, you can't compare them, because the only other conference to win more than one BCS championship is the Big 12; Texas won one and OU won the other.

I'm a Big 12 guy, but let's get real here. The SEC is by far the toughest, most powerful, whatever you want to call it. The only real argument at this point is by degree; how much better are they? A better poll question would be who is the second best BCS conference.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:57 PM   #19
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Depends on what the criteria for "best" is.

Most successful in terms on BCS national championships? SEC, easily.

Most tradition? Most likely the SEC, though admittedly I'm not familiar with the tradition and history of every school in the nation.

Most competitive / most parity between all the teams? I'll vote the ACC.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:02 PM   #20
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx34
LOL, Big 12 fan talking about a top heavy conference. Since the Big 12 formed in 1996, 9 of the 14 years have been won by Texas or Oklahoma. Between the 2, 3 more years on top of those 9 have had one of them competing in the championship game. The SEC has had 2 dominant teams for only 2 years. But before that, Alabama was irrelevant and LSU was dominant. Auburn was dominant in 2004. In the last 6 SEC title games, 5 different teams have won it. And even then, it's not like other teams weren't competitive. Routinely, you can see upwards of 4 or 5 SEC teams in the top 25.

Since the SEC expanded in 1992, only 4 teams have gone undefeated, '92 Alabama, '98 Tennessee, '04 Auburn, and '09 Alabama. That's almost the antithesis of being top heavy.
CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE JUST WON THIS ARGUMENT....YOUR PRIZE....A NEW CAR!!!

There are 12 teams in the SEC and 10 of them went to bowls going 6-4 in the games. I also don't understand why everyone talks as if LSU fell off the face of the planet. They lost 4 games last year. Florida, Alabama, Ole Miss and Penn State. UF and Bama were top 5 teams, Penn State was a top 10 team and Ole Miss went 9-4 playing in the best conference. None of those are bad losses.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:09 PM   #21
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfan_95
Personal opinion here, I don't believe the SEC is the toughest for the lone fact that they only have 2 or 3 teams that contend for a conference title a year, and I do recognize that they have one the past 4 years, 2 were great Florida teams, 1 was a now declining LSU squad, and an upcoming Alabama team. Now in the ACC, BIG 12 (10), and even the PAC-10 as of late you never know who's gonna win the conference title and whoever does is usually in the NC game. Just my opinion though.

Wow..this is almost comical. First off, if we're talking football then lets please toss the ACC out right away. Before the current run by USC (now ending in pure shame, btw) the PAC-10 was irrelevant and will now most likely return to that status.

As for the BigXII.....well, I live in Norman OK and I gotta tell you that I just look at this conference and laugh. Please consider:

• OU's own fans feel like Stoops just can't win a big game.
  • Before the lone UT championship, Mack brown and UT were known for having loads of talent and not being able to do squat with it.
  • TT is a joke. Period. Once every 4-6 years he might accumulate enough talent to catch OU or UT on an off day but other than that they are nothing more than Hawaii located in the central US.
  • aTm hasn't competed with the big 2 in god knows how long.
  • OSU is just Auburn west. Except they win a lot less often.
The Big XII is a sham that lives on OU and UT and what Neb once was. No one outside the conference fears anyone from the BigXII.

-sidenote on OU. I think they are the only team in the country whose fans put $$$ into their rivals pockets willingly. OU fans buy Longhorn memorabilia so they can turn it upside down and place it on their vehicles...supposedly as an insult. But I know that a large amount of those Longhorn items have to be NCAA licensed which means $$$ for UT I'm assuming. Anywho.....it's just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Can you even begin to imagine what it would take for an Alabama fan to put something orange (Tenn, Auburn) related on our vehicles?? Lol....there just isn't enough money in print for me to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2010, 07:28 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 8

SEC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »