Home

Washington State

This is a discussion on Washington State within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2010, 06:18 PM   #65
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Washington State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
Its all good

In the game they have them running the One-Back hurry-up offense. They run a 4-3 on defense.
Thanks guys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2010, 06:31 PM   #66
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
I'll agree with you there, it is subjective, so it's all up to the mods to decide, but are lines like "-TheRunAndShoot- Wazzu and fun don't go together unless you're talking about the crazy parties. (full of overweight farm folk) which I guess doesn't make that horrible school in that horrible town any fun." really necessary? I honestly don't think so.
Well, I know RnS personally, and he likes to drop these "tongue in cheek," as he would say, comments. Its all in jest, dont be too concerned about it.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:11 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriouzwun
Again it is all in fun. I've said horrible things on this board about U of A. I'm sure any U of A fan could say horrible things about ASU. I guess what I'm failing to remember is some people take these things waaaaaay too seriously. Try to have fun and like I said let's not make the mods have to preside over every post. Wazzu isn't a bad school, My grandfather graduated from there. It's a Pac-10 team though so I will talk my trash about their program. Potatoes and I do it all the time back and forth. What I am trying to say is, if you find whats said to not be "constructive" or you are going to take offense when its all in good fun. IMO it would be easier to just let it go and back away and let the Mods decide on their own instead of trying to help police.
Thank you for taking a sensible approach to this whole situation. My comments were not made in true hatred for WSU students or alumni but in a joking manner. If you honestly feel that my comments were so shocking and obscene I suggest you PM a mod so they can let me know just how out of line I am.

This weekend I read the article on Kotaku about how Madden isn't really a bad game and that groupthink can almost solely be attributed to the low review scores and gamers complaints. While I strongly disagreed with the article for multiple reasons, after seeing all this transpire I can't help but think that a majority gamers might not be capable of forming their own opinions and rather they end up conforming to what's been said before. Just look at how each post seemed to get increasingly more anti-me and my comment. Even after I tried to rationalize my statement(s) some of you guys still wanted to add fuel to the fire. I never understood why the principal punishes kids for egging on a fight in school, but now I can. You guys kind of made this a bigger deal then it had to be (and was even meant to be).

To the guy that was broken up about the overweight farmfolk comment. If that really hurt you're feelings I'm sorry, but I will say that every WSU student will admit that wazzu is located in the boondocks. You could make the same generalization about UW and their uptight hippies. It's just a generalization and at the end of the day who does it effect? If you've got a problem with me stating that people are overweight I was reading the NY Times a couple months back and nearly 70% of American adults are overweight. It's an epidemic, and it's not good for the country. If you feel that we should just ignore the fact that it's a problem just wait till loved ones around you start getting diabetes, cancer, heart attacks, etc.

STANCE GUIDE
http://bit.ly/HtkpmT
MOTION GUIDE
http://bit.ly/IqkdGh
Old 07-07-2010, 08:30 PM   #68
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Well, I know RnS personally, and he likes to drop these "tongue in cheek," as he would say, comments. Its all in jest, dont be too concerned about it.
You don't know me personally, you're actually one of my best friends.

I'm sure I've told you a hundred time how much it irritates me that people have really developed thin skin over what seems like the past few years. You build character through adversity, which is why insults, hardships, etc have never really bothered me that much. You're very much the game way, which is why we click so well.

On my way to work today, I was actually thinking about PMing Millenium about this. That's how much this bothered me, usually I just roll with the punches on stuff like this. Quite frankly, I felt like I was getting attacked for comments that we misunderstood by a few sensitive people. While I'm not gonna judge the people who rebutted my comments, if indeed my comments were not meant to be a kind hearted jab; are they any better for skewering me?

STANCE GUIDE
MOTION GUIDE
Old 07-07-2010, 09:20 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRunAndShoot
You don't know me personally, you're actually one of my best friends.

I'm sure I've told you a hundred time how much it irritates me that people have really developed thin skin over what seems like the past few years. You build character through adversity, which is why insults, hardships, etc have never really bothered me that much. You're very much the game way, which is why we click so well.

On my way to work today, I was actually thinking about PMing Millenium about this. That's how much this bothered me, usually I just roll with the punches on stuff like this. Quite frankly, I felt like I was getting attacked for comments that we misunderstood by a few sensitive people. While I'm not gonna judge the people who rebutted my comments, if indeed my comments were not meant to be a kind hearted jab; are they any better for skewering me?

My comment earlier wasn't being thin skinned, I didn't know you were being sarcastic, I thought you were just trolling.

Your name is different, I didn't remember who this was on VSN
Old 07-07-2010, 09:41 PM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
My comment earlier wasn't being thin skinned, I didn't know you were being sarcastic, I thought you were just trolling.

Your name is different, I didn't remember who this was on VSN
I wasn't necessarly talking about you. There was a guy commenting that had no vested interest in UW/WSU. I guess u just knew, a couple months back u asked my why I left. I wasn't necessarly trying to be sarcastic but I can see how someone could come to the assumption. People on here don't know me personally other than tengo, so when someone wants to judge me based on an offhand comment it can bother me. Especially when they wanna spin the comment in a way that can get me banned. I enjoy this site, the people on it and their opinions. I try my best to respect the rules and have never really had a problem with people on here until just recently. I wish OS would list the ages of users so I know I'm not arguing with some kid.

RE: VSN-From what I heard my assumptions about the guy that ran the site were correct.

STANCE GUIDE
MOTION GUIDE
Old 07-07-2010, 10:56 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 14

Im pretty sure i went on VSN daily but OS is the place to be...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »