Home

Traveling - Need info

This is a discussion on Traveling - Need info within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Traveling - Need info

Hello, I am traveling and don't have time to search through a 100 pages of the stickies. Could someone please tell me if any of the below problems in '10 have been fixed for '11. They are deal breakers for me and I'll be back in the states next Thursday and will want to get the game if it's been fixed. Thanks!

- Stuffing run out of quarters and dime

- Offensive lineman scooping up QB fumbles without even a pause (in real life they dive on it cuz their fingers are taped up or broken/bruised 99% of the time)

- QB's pitching the ball to a running back 10 yards away on an option while being wrapped up

- Gameplanning "play pitch man" and watch your defenders turn towards the QB even AFTER the pitch

- DB's bumping WR's 10 yards downfield making the QB underthrow the ball for some strange reason

- Slant routes being ran to the opposite sideline with the DB's unable to cover

- 1-5-5 Defense blitz glitch

- Unable to play realistically with an effective power running game. For example, real life teams like Alabama, GT, Florida etc could never run the ball down anyone's throat because run commit turns defenders into super men.

- DB's somehow charging in towards the LOS on run commit but yet able to turn around and run stride for stride with a WR that was running a fly route from the snap.

- Defenders ignoring the RB while on run commit and going straight for the QB on play action passes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2010, 05:48 PM   #2
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Traveling - Need info

This is a nice list, and my biggest gameplay complaints as well.

Here's a couple things that so far from testing the demo that I can tell have/have not been addressed.

-Run commit is tuned differently. It leaves receivers a lot more open when guessing wrong, and doesn't make a super blitz like last year, but more just makes the defenders come up to the line after the snap and look for the run more. Much more realistic IMO, and so far not a problem.

-With the above, and better blocking AI, I don't think runs will be stuffed out of quarters this year.

-Option plays seem to be somewhat similar to last year but slightly better. Still seeing later than normal pitches. One thing that does seem to be fixed is that pitching right before the hit, like you're supposed to, works, unlike last year. Last year you had to wait to be wrapped up, THEN you pitched.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »