Home

Dynamic Weight Gains/Physical Progression

This is a discussion on Dynamic Weight Gains/Physical Progression within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2010, 10:42 PM   #1
Rookie

LSUF4N's Arena

OVR: 3
Dynamic Weight Gains/Physical Progression

Is this in the game? For example can a MLB come into the game as a 230 pound freshman and gain weight as the years go by and finish his career at 245-250?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2010, 10:46 PM   #2
Banned

AttackAttack's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Dynamic Weight Gains/Physical Progression

I really doubt it. But that really needs to be in.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:51 PM   #3
Rookie

RazorFang's Arena

OVR: 4

It would be nice to have your offensive linemen that come in as 250lb freshman leave at at least 280 or more...they could hardly gain 5lbs in 10
Old 07-09-2010, 12:53 AM   #4
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Agreed. One of the best LT in the entire nation this year is Solder (sp?) from Colorado.

I remember watching him play TE as a freshman in a game vs. ISU a few years ago. Back then he was a 6' 8" 240 lb kid. Now he's beefed up to 300 lbs and is only 6% body fat.

This is something that happens on every team every year (players beefing up or slimming down and changing positions).

It's probably not a priority for EA, but it's a necessary aspect before further realism is achieved.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:17 AM   #5
Pro

BraveHeart's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah, we should have an option to add weight or decrease it. If you add too much weight on certain players (usually smaller/shorter), then it should affect their ratings (such as speed, agility, acceleration, and jumping). Usually taller/longer players can add the weight without it limiting movement. Of course there will be exceptions (freaks of nature, and other elite talents).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2010, 03:37 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 13

i know if you change a player's position before season's end they'll progress for that position. like if you take a safety and turn him into an lb, his tackling will progress more, rather than his coverage skills.

i'm not sure about weight though. it'd be nice if the user could edit those things.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:18 AM   #7
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
i'm not sure about weight though. it'd be nice if the user could edit those things.
It used to be if you changed a players position it would change their weight/speed, also not sure if thats in this year though.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:20 AM   #8
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25

Weight does change in previous years of the game but as someone posted earlier it's not a lot maybe 3-5 lbs a year and I don't think weight loss has ever been in the game. I've never tried to track the weight of someone who's changed position to see if there is a bigger change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »