Home

G4/Tech TV Review of NCAA 11

This is a discussion on G4/Tech TV Review of NCAA 11 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2010, 08:21 AM   #1
Rookie

notoriouzwun's Arena

OVR: 14
G4/Tech TV Review of NCAA 11

What exactly is an "Inzone"?

http://g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/63448...all-11/review/

btw I always check for reviews at gamestats cause they normally get a whole catalog together of reviews.

http://www.gamestats.com/objects/056/056572/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2010, 08:44 AM   #2
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: G4/Tech TV Review of NCAA 11

Not to happy to hear this:

Glitchy, Glitchy, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah
Glitches have plagued football games since they moved from the realm of a few pixels on a screen to the more realistic gameplay models, and unfortunately, NCAA Football 11 is no different in some spots. During the course of one session where I played about seven different matches, I witnessed more glitches than I’d ever want to see in a retail release. Granted, I’m not sure how many people are going to play seven games in a row, but even so, a glitch is a glitch.

Most common was the “magnet catch,” in which a receiver magically zooms at comic book-like speeds around the defender to meet up with the ball perfectly. It’s fairly comical to watch in slow-motion, but why is it happening in the first place? My favorite glitch (for amusement’s sake) happened as I lined up for a field goal, and when I initiated the play, the camera zoomed back, back, back until I was next to a midfield referee who was standing next to … my mascot dancing up a storm. There was no way to get the camera back, so I missed the uprights and was ready to pummel a cheerleader.

I’m also hoping that one day video games will look upon clipping as something as a relic of game development days past. I don’t mean the penalty in football, I mean one character passing through another, or through part of the environment. Too often in NCAA 11, you’ll see character’s arms and legs passing through each other, or watching them run through ghostly referees. The game is now complex enough that players cast shadows on other players, but devs still can’t clip the clipping?

Old 07-10-2010, 09:12 AM   #3
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: G4/Tech TV Review of NCAA 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Most common was the “magnet catch,” in which a receiver magically zooms at comic book-like speeds around the defender to meet up with the ball perfectly. It’s fairly comical to watch in slow-motion, but why is it happening in the first place?

I noticed this in the demo quite a bit too..also the teleporting receivers to get to the ball when the ball was clearly out of reach. Has anyone on the EA football dev team stated why they can't get this out of their football games. I'm loving this game but I just wish they could patch this problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »