Home

buying a game with tebow on the cover...

This is a discussion on buying a game with tebow on the cover... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2010, 08:51 PM   #33
Banned

1GATORFAN4EVA's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: buying a game with tebow on the cover...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nccomicfan
I don't understand the hate..To me Tebow is like Tyler Hansbrough was at NC..he just sums up everything that is good about college sports

Ya I can understand people getting tired of him because ESPN an such always talk about him, but I couldn't see how you could hate the guy as a person... A good choice for the cover even if I wasn't a Gator...
Old 07-10-2010, 08:55 PM   #34
MVP

UATide's Arena

OVR: 14

I have mad respect for him and his accomplishments.

..but I'll just think of the 2009 SEC Championship. Just sayin'.

This Is Alabama Football.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:21 PM   #35
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nccomicfan
I don't understand the hate..To me Tebow is like Tyler Hansbrough was at NC..he just sums up everything that is good about college sports
I agree--100%.

First off, I bought and still have College Hoops 2K7 with JJ Redick on the cover and I'm a Tar Heel fan. I didn't care that Redick was on the cover; as a matter of fact, I'm mature enough to admit that he deserved it. I didn't like him, but it was just a cover.

Second, I also think Tebow was a lot like Hansbrough. I don't really understand the hate because even though ESPN wouldn't shut up about both guys, they weren't jerks like, well, Redick. People talked crap about both, and both carried themselves better than a lot of us would with everyone gunning for them. Truth is, one of them--Tebow or Hansbrough--probably beat someone's team and acted with class while doing it. THAT probably ate at a lot of people. Don't know what Tebow's record was against FSU, but I know Hansbrough NEVER lost at Duke.

Both guys are high-character people--higher than most of us would act if we won like they did. But we seem to dislike the good guys. Oh well...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2010, 10:29 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 12

Is it just me or did Hansbrough always look like he just got hit in the face with a shovel and had no idea where it came from...

Old 07-10-2010, 10:29 PM   #37
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
I agree--100%.

First off, I bought and still have College Hoops 2K7 with JJ Redick on the cover and I'm a Tar Heel fan. I didn't care that Redick was on the cover; as a matter of fact, I'm mature enough to admit that he deserved it. I didn't like him, but it was just a cover.

Second, I also think Tebow was a lot like Hansbrough. I don't really understand the hate because even though ESPN wouldn't shut up about both guys, they weren't jerks like, well, Redick. People talked crap about both, and both carried themselves better than a lot of us would with everyone gunning for them. Truth is, one of them--Tebow or Hansbrough--probably beat someone's team and acted with class while doing it. THAT probably ate at a lot of people. Don't know what Tebow's record was against FSU, but I know Hansbrough NEVER lost at Duke.

Both guys are high-character people--higher than most of us would act if we won like they did. But we seem to dislike the good guys. Oh well...
This sums up my thoughts exactly. Tebow only lost one rivalry game and that was to UGA in 07. I've never understood the hate. The guy screams college sports to me. I can understand getting kind of sick of ESPN talking on and on about him, but its better they praise a good kid like Tebow, then spend the countless hours they did talking about Reggie Bush, a guy who single handedly ruined his football program for two years.
Everyone says athletes need a clean image, but Tebow's "too clean".
Everyone says athletes(especially MJ with the whole Chicago Olympics thing) should take a stand in politics, but when Tebow does it its "wrong".

I guess a ***** is always going to be a *****.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:30 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinWreck21
This sums up my thoughts exactly. Tebow only lost one rivalry game and that was to UGA in 07. I've never understood the hate. The guy screams college sports to me. I can understand getting kind of sick of ESPN talking on and on about him, but its better they praise a good kid like Tebow, then spend the countless hours they did talking about Reggie Bush, a guy who single handedly ruined his football program for two years.
That should explain why so many people hate him...

Old 07-10-2010, 10:35 PM   #39
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moojenowski
That should explain why so many people hate him...
lol, I get what you mean, but why should he be "hated" for that? I'm a GT fan and I don't hate Herschel Walker. I've met him several times and he's actually a really nice guy. I've met Mark Richt(who we are 1-8 against) and he is an extremely nice and well spoken guy. I understand hating teams. I despise UGA. I don't understand hating individuals on a team. The only individual sports player you could say I "hate"is Kobe, Vick and OJ and that is because of legal issues.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:40 PM   #40
Rookie

twigstudios's Arena

OVR: 7

As a person Tebow is A+, as a Gator... well I could get banned for what I thought of him but it's all good. EA could have put Lady Gaga on the cover (yuck!) and I would have still bought it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »