Home

With two days until release, I'm still torn between auto sprint and sprint button!

This is a discussion on With two days until release, I'm still torn between auto sprint and sprint button! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: With two days until release, I'm still torn between auto sprint and sprint button

For those of you talking about QB's, in the demo you still needed to use the trigger to scramble, I'm guessing it will be the same in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: With two days until release, I'm still torn between auto sprint and sprint button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph
This is exactly what I was wondering about.

My thought was with auto-sprint turned on, how does the CPU know when I've decided to tuck and run with my QB? Does it wait til I cross the LOS before 'turbo' kicks in? Now I know.
As was mentioned: you need to pull RT in order to pull the ball down and run with it. The RT is not used for turbo, it is used to get the QB out of his passing mode.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:44 PM   #43
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

My biggest problem for this is on defense.

You need to control your speed much more in my opinion, cause you never know what the Offense might do. I like the auto sprint for offense, but wish we had an option to have it off on defense. Possibly even add over ride, to use the sprint button when you choose to also.

Sometimes you might want that extra boost when the CPU doesn't think you need it. Especially on defense...
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Old 07-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS10029
My biggest problem for this is on defense.

You need to control your speed much more in my opinion, cause you never know what the Offense might do. I like the auto sprint for offense, but wish we had an option to have it off on defense. Possibly even add over ride, to use the sprint button when you choose to also.

Sometimes you might want that extra boost when the CPU doesn't think you need it. Especially on defense...

Yea thats the exact reason im not playing with it on...i dont like the feel for it on defense it cause you to overpuit too much..On offense I like the auto sprint! I'm sticking to the trigger button!!
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
Old 07-11-2010, 05:40 PM   #45
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRthaTruth
Yea thats the exact reason im not playing with it on...i dont like the feel for it on defense it cause you to overpuit too much..On offense I like the auto sprint! I'm sticking to the trigger button!!
This is something I would like to see patched. The option to have it on/off for offense, and on/off for defense. I'd use it for O but not for D.

I also have no interest in changing it every time the ball switches possessions, hahaha.
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 07:24 AM   #46
Banned

NaptownMVP's Arena

Tried this out last night. It's amazing. I think the whole thing about freeing your mind up is a little silly. I think that smashing the sprint button as soon as you get the ball may screw up the blocking and not allow it to set up. Not sprinting ASAP allows the improved blocking to take effect. My first run with it on was a 17 yarder right up the middle. I was so happy.

The guys complaining about it for defense...were you playing with Auto-Strafe on or off? I played with it turned off and had no problems.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:27 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaptownMVP

The guys complaining about it for defense...were you playing with Auto-Strafe on or off? I played with it turned off and had no problems.

Auto strafe sucks! In the demo I wanted an LB to follow a crossing TE and my guy auto strafe's (when I wanted him to run) and the TE just blows by me and is wide open. I prefer to square my guy up when I want him to do it.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #48
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Is auto sprint effective when passing? Does it know when you scramble or just when to move your QB left and right? I don't want to be stuck doin the QB shuffle when a weakside backer or DE is rushing in on me from the left and I am shuffling instead of scrambling right. I feel its a video I control every move of my HB. Also I choose how I will run or cutback or etc, I will also choose when I accelerate to top speed and deaccelerate.

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »