Home

Strategies and Online Gameplay for a Newer Gamer

This is a discussion on Strategies and Online Gameplay for a Newer Gamer within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2010, 10:27 PM   #1
Rookie

DuckFaninTN's Arena

OVR: 0
Strategies and Online Gameplay for a Newer Gamer

Hey guys...I'm admittedly new(er) to online NCAA football gaming (having played only a little bit of NCAA 10 on the 360), and it always seemed like I was being outschemed and outplayed when playing online. I fancy myself to be pretty knowledgeable about the game of football, so this was tough for me.

I have a few strategy and gameplay questions that I was wondering if you guys would help me with...

In the secondary, why does it always seem like my players would be burned on easy routes, when my receivers could seemingly never bust any big plays? Is it the kind of defense I'm running? Is it wrong assignments?

I ALWAYS dropped easy interceptions, but it seems like the opposition would intercept anything anywhere near them. Is there anything I can do to alleviate this issue?

I would sometimes get kicked out of the game for "excessive delay", especially if I committed an offside penalty. Why?

I use Oregon, FWIW. Any other tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2010, 10:49 PM   #2
Rookie

DuckFaninTN's Arena

Re: Strategies and Online Gameplay for a Newer Gamer

Anyone......

Old 07-11-2010, 11:19 PM   #3
Rookie

DuckFaninTN's Arena

Can I get a reply....

Old 07-11-2010, 11:23 PM   #4
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckFaninTN
Anyone......
I don't play on-line anymore unless I know the person, and the reason isn't being out-smarted in football terms, because I'll take my knowledge of the game upside anyone, but it's because there are so many ways for "cheesers" to take advantage of the game that you really can't do anything about.

For example... your opponent takes his QB and runs for the sideline, then... while on the dead run turns and throws a perfect pass 40 yards downfield on the opposite side from where he's running... over and over and over...

Now in real life if a QB tried this he break a rib or two and pull his groin right out of its socket... but in the game it happened all the time.

Or the fact that screen passes were never stopped or contained. I've played games where the above two pass plays were all they ran on me.

You have to remember, you're playing a video game and some people care little for realism, they just want to dominate on-line and they'll do it anyway they can.

My advice... play against people you know and people who like it real.

Edit: And the interception thing... that one is on you. Just need to practice the timing.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:41 PM   #5
Rookie

DuckFaninTN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I don't play on-line anymore unless I know the person, and the reason isn't being out-smarted in football terms, because I'll take my knowledge of the game upside anyone, but it's because there are so many ways for "cheesers" to take advantage of the game that you really can't do anything about.

For example... your opponent takes his QB and runs for the sideline, then... while on the dead run turns and throws a perfect pass 40 yards downfield on the opposite side from where he's running... over and over and over...

Now in real life if a QB tried this he break a rib or two and pull his groin right out of its socket... but in the game it happened all the time.

Or the fact that screen passes were never stopped or contained. I've played games where the above two pass plays were all they ran on me.

You have to remember, you're playing a video game and some people care little for realism, they just want to dominate on-line and they'll do it anyway they can.

Edit: And the interception thing... that one is on you. Just need to practice the timing.
That is an issue too. Thanks for the feedback.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 12:03 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death

Amen.

BTW: I LOVE SMU's uniforms now that they've switched to a more classic, retro style. They are SO sweet.

#GoPackGo
Old 07-12-2010, 12:17 AM   #7
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

Yeah I normally don't enjoy playing online in sports games. Usually, 7 out of 10 people you play randomly, are gonna play a style that is unrealistic, and not fun to even play against.

The way I look at it is this... The person playing you doesn't really have much football knowledge. So they result to doing whatever gets the W. If it is incredibly cheap? Who cares, they want to win, and once that game is over, they never hear from you again...

Unless you send them a message letting them know how you feel about them... As politely or unpolitely as you may choose.
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Old 07-12-2010, 12:31 AM   #8
Rookie

DuckFaninTN's Arena

Thanks for the feedback guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »