Home

Anybody else use a different style of play than there team does in real life?

This is a discussion on Anybody else use a different style of play than there team does in real life? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2010, 12:08 AM   #17
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Anybody else use a different style of play than there team does in real life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuinnMahoney
I always try to adapt my offense to fit my team. If i have a Peyton Manning quarterback im gonna be an air raid team, but if i have Chris Johnson im gonna give him the ball 40 times a game. I wish it was easier to stick to one scheme as far as recruiting players. I think they should make a position prestige for each school, so all the option qb's would go to GT and stuff like that.
That is a great idea! Penn State could have 6 stars in Linebacker Prestige and be "linebacker u". This is a great idea.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:10 AM   #18
Rookie

KentuckyJared20's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Anybody else use a different style of play than there team does in real life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuinnMahoney
I always try to adapt my offense to fit my team. If i have a Peyton Manning quarterback im gonna be an air raid team, but if i have Chris Johnson im gonna give him the ball 40 times a game. I wish it was easier to stick to one scheme as far as recruiting players. I think they should make a position prestige for each school, so all the option qb's would go to GT and stuff like that.
It's easy to stick to one scheme, just look at the ratings on each recruit, and if they are in line with what you run make sure you get him. Just because you have Chris Johnson doesn't mean you have to switch from Air Raid to Pro Style, you can put Johnson in the slot, or pretty much anything to get him the ball.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:12 AM   #19
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon
That's what I do. Sometimes I'll run a dynasty and turn a team into an option team.
Yeah. I enjoy seeing the different variations of teams I'm not too familiar with, even if there's not REALLY that much differentiation between playbooks after awhile.

In fact, the only time I actually played with any other offensive style in a Dynasty were those occasions I decided to turn somebody into a triple-option team.

BTW, here's hoping your Bears finally get that bowl-monkey off their back. First game I ever went to was OSU-Baylor. We ran away with it, but I remember watching Sepulveda boot the snot out of the ball in Boone, lol. Baylor's always been my second-favorite Big XII team.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:43 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 32

I don't really have a favorite team, but I always use a power running game while airing it out.
Washington Capitals
Washington Nationals

R.I.P. #21
Old 07-12-2010, 05:40 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 11

As a Michigan alum, in RichRod's first year I didn't trust him as far as I could throw him, so I ran the Flexbone with Big Blue. Seriously. And I had a blast. 2 RBs over 1000 yds on the season, finished 11-2, eventually started another dynasty because I just got my heart broken for real every Saturday and it was too painful to watch my team flourish during the week lol
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »