Home

12:00 at Wal-Mart

This is a discussion on 12:00 at Wal-Mart within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2010, 03:04 PM   #17
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: 12:00 at Wal-Mart

Really depends on the Walmart. Usually if it is a 24 hour walmart then yeah they will sell it at midnight because they open anyway. But mines, the one where I live at now isn't a 24 hour walmart and they won't be doing a midnight release.

Hell none of the stores in vermont do midnight releases. I swear this whole state shuts down at 9pm LOL.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:10 PM   #18
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
Where is the customer service these days?!

I remember last year asking a Wal-Mart employee if they had NCAA '10 and his response was "I don't know, I haven't seen it, it might be in the back".. he then continued stocking the cd wallets... I stood there like, "uh.. are you going to go look?"... it took quite a bit of me talking and trying to motivate him to finally look for me...
In his defense, because I use to work there, some of the assistant managers there are really arse holes and if they tell you to stock cds, then guess what ? That is all you CAN DO, you can't leave your zone.

Because my assistant manager over the electronics department was like that. Every day a person was assigned a specific zone for the day and you HAD TO stay in that zone ALL DAY. For me it was the tv wall, so I walked that wall back and forth all day. I wasn't allowed to go the cd aisle or dvd aisle or videogame aisle.

If you caught out of your zone, you can be written up for it. 2 or more write ups and you are FIRED.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:12 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

I called the two in my area and both said they'd have it at midnight!
Old 07-12-2010, 03:31 PM   #20
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
In his defense, because I use to work there, some of the assistant managers there are really arse holes and if they tell you to stock cds, then guess what ? That is all you CAN DO, you can't leave your zone.

Because my assistant manager over the electronics department was like that. Every day a person was assigned a specific zone for the day and you HAD TO stay in that zone ALL DAY. For me it was the tv wall, so I walked that wall back and forth all day. I wasn't allowed to go the cd aisle or dvd aisle or videogame aisle.

If you caught out of your zone, you can be written up for it. 2 or more write ups and you are FIRED.
Well then I take blame away from him (even though he WAS kind of a jerk), and place it on Wal-Mart.. They think JUST because they make gazillions of dollars they don't need to worry about customer service.... haha well whatever works I guess
Old 07-12-2010, 03:54 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 15

All of ours do. Wal Mart is the way to go

I been getting all my games there for about 3 years now with only 3-4 people there instead of Gamestop when theres about 20-30 guys in line

My Teams
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Minnesota Vikings
NCAA FB: Nebraska Cornhuskers
NCAA BB: North Carolina Tar Heels
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 04:03 PM   #22
Pro

wrigleyville33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by chance
All of ours do. Wal Mart is the way to go

I been getting all my games there for about 3 years now with only 3-4 people there instead of Gamestop when theres about 20-30 guys in line
Yeah my buddy and I are going to Walmart tonight. Can't wait.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:20 PM   #23
Rookie

Schreck11's Arena

OVR: 16

I called my local walmart and they said they wouldnt be selling it at midnight. Even though it is a 24 hour walmart.

Maybe the lady I was talking to was being a smart a** when she said they were selling it in the morning so Im going there at 12:01 to see if I can buy it and if they tell me otherwise I will tell them to prove they cant sell it to me.
Minnesota Gophers
Chicago Blackhawks
Old 07-12-2010, 04:26 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I think Wal-Mart is hit or miss on midnight releases. Our Gamestop usually has at least 25 people, but they are quick and I'd rather just go there so I know for sure I'll get it tonight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »