Home

Man Coverage in this game NEEDS to be fixed

This is a discussion on Man Coverage in this game NEEDS to be fixed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2010, 02:58 PM   #73
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Man Coverage in this game NEEDS to be fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter
My impressions on man coverage in NCAA11

Went home for lunch and I found the issue with the man coverage. For a 90 degree cut, The WR “cut” animation involves 3 steps. The CB “cut” animation involves only one step. Therefore, The CB will always be two steps ahead of the WR.

The WR 90 degree cut animation involves 2 steps to slowdown and gather himself. He also sinks his hips. Then make a third and final step to plant and pivot (cut) and explode out of the break. Its really a thing of beauty.

The CBs 90 degree cut animation skips the 2 step slowdown and gather portion of the animation and just make one step to plant a pivot. (With the wrong foot!)

Adjustment to the pass coverage slider will delay the reaction time of the CB. Easy and cheap work-around, but the underlying fundamental flaw needs to be addresses. EA needs to make the WRs and CBs have the same cut animations, or balance out the timing because now the CBs have two step advantage over the WR.
i seen the video of this too. the CB doesn't "T" out of his back pedal giving him that two step advantage your talking about. at this juncture i'm assuming a tuner to slowdown timing of the cb or increase the weight of momentum for cb
Old 07-15-2010, 03:07 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 15

A backpedaling CB doesn't need the stutter steps a forward running WR runs. The video I watched of this showed a WR run about 7 yards deep and cut against a CB that started about 4-5 yards back...

The WR travels 7 yards in the same time the CB travels about 2 yards...clearly the WR travels way faster (3.5 times as far in same amount of time) and therefore momentum (momentum is equal to mass time velocity).
Old 07-15-2010, 03:09 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm new to the tuner set thing, but hopfully it can fix this issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
A backpedaling CB doesn't need the stutter steps a forward running WR runs. The video I watched of this showed a WR run about 7 yards deep and cut against a CB that started about 4-5 yards back...

The WR travels 7 yards in the same time the CB travels about 2 yards...clearly the WR travels way faster (3.5 times as far in same amount of time) and therefore momentum (momentum is equal to mass time velocity).
So if the WR is way faster, why is the CB running out in front of the WR ?
Old 07-15-2010, 03:18 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
So if the WR is way faster, why is the CB running out in front of the WR ?
I didn't say the WR is way faster. I said the WR is traveling faster in the part up to the cut.

And in the video I watched, after the cut the WR was still a step ahead of the CB.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:27 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
I didn't say the WR is way faster. I said the WR is traveling faster in the part up to the cut.

And in the video I watched, after the cut the WR was still a step ahead of the CB.
I am seeing a lot of CBs running out in front of WRs on posts, crossing patterns, slants in online games and cpu games. I am also seeing a lot of warping by DBs that seem to instantly speed them up ahead of the WR after the ball is thrown.

I have been adjusting my timing and making changes to when I throw the ball, but when you see a wide open WR, thats what you see...a wide open WR and you throw the ball....then only to see a CB warp to make up ground no way humanly possible and pick or swat the ball. How do you adjust to that ?

Not to mention the CB's a lot of the time run the route before the WR does.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:28 PM   #79
Pro

OVR: 7

I agree 100% that man coverage needs to be fixed (from a visual perspective). From a strengths vs. weaknesses perpective man coverage does work but you have to throw before the receiver makes his cut. On hitches, outs, and stops, you have to time your throw before the receiver makes the cut because the awareness rating takes over from that point.

For example, playing with Miami you have your #1 WR (88 OVR 83 RRTG 86 AWR) against any #1 CB (84 OVR 92 MCV 80 AWR). What I have learned after hours in practice mode is that all the routes that I love (outs, ins, curls) can be completed but you must throw before he begins his cut. If you throw when your WR begins his cut the MCV
vs. RRTG will take over but if you make the throw right before the cut is made the pass will be completed based on the AWR vs. AWR ratings since the awareness rating is how fast a WR or CB reacts to the ball in the air.

These passes have to be practiced because if you throw to early the QB will assume the receiver is running a fly route and if you throw late the CB will already have position.

The one thing I do notice is that the reason the DBs are mirroring and run better routes is that for the most part although their OVR are lower than the WRs they are up against, most CBs rated low still have MCV in the high 80s or 90s while top WRs have their RRTG in the low to mid 80s. I believe these roster setups must also be addressed.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:32 PM   #80
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

by how accurate QB are in the game you can`t make a realistic man to man coverage, otherwise you will complete over 80% of passes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »