Home

Difficulty running out of spread

This is a discussion on Difficulty running out of spread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2010, 10:43 PM   #9
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Difficulty running out of spread

45 and/or 46 hit or whatever that play is called is money. The one with the numbers where the guard pulls. Also motion your TE or WR to the side you want to run to. I just had 200 yards rushing with ISU doing this and I suck at this game.

AA with the CPU run d upped 1 click*
Old 07-15-2010, 11:50 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15

The spread option plays are easy to run you just have to make the proper read. The other spread plays just require you to be against the proper defense. Also it helps if the CPU's reaction is tuned down. Try playing on All american or varsity with high end sliders.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:50 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 13

The spread is broken...from the terrible running to the no huddle. Too many times have I seen tiny WRs playing RB and TE because the CPU has decided to run no huddle for a whole drive. Frustrating does not even begin to explain it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 12:09 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 10

Just like in real life, the spread relies on spacing. General rule of thumb is you want 7 or less guys in the box if you're planing on running with the spread.

-Big L RIP
Old 07-16-2010, 01:18 AM   #13
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubs526
Just like in real life, the spread relies on spacing. General rule of thumb is you want 7 or less guys in the box if you're planing on running with the spread.
Yeah don't be forced to run. If the box is stacked audible to a quick pass.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:28 AM   #14
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Honestly the spread is supposed to be harder to run out of. You have at least 2 less blockers than usual.

Usually you'll only have 5 blockers in a spread run, so make sure your opponent doesn't have any more than 5 men in the box. If they do audible to a pass.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:57 AM   #15
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Actually, the spread is not suppose to be harder to run out of. You take the top spread option teams in the country (I say spread option since the OP is playing with Michigan) and they do a great job running the football. Theoretically, it should be harder because there are less blockers, but the spread allows for runners to get the ball in space and the misdirection often confuses the linebackers and corners. Jeff Demps has averaged nearly 8 yard's a carry the past two seasons out of the spread. He would not be nearly as successful in a more traditional running scheme.

While spread backs usually shouldn't be getting 20 carries a game, the 15 times they touch the ball on the ground should usually account for a good average per carry, provided the team is able to pass the ball efficiently. I think the problem with the AI is when the CPU know's what play you are running, and therefore, misdirection and play action becomes irrelevant.

I haven't played the game yet (except on demo) but this is what I've noticed from past games. They just don't accurately simulate the problems that defenses have with spread offenses, in the passing and running game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 02:57 AM   #16
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
I'm hoping they will use a tuner to alter how fast corners decipher whether it's a run or pass play. They know FAR too fast on play action.
Yea that is becoming somewhat annoying that when you do a playaction out of any formation. That the AI automatically gets a burst of speed and comes directly for your QB wheather it is a DE or a LBer. In the next patch they need to tune the blocking some on the oline to block a little better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »