Home

Nessler saying players names very little.

This is a discussion on Nessler saying players names very little. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2010, 10:42 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Nessler saying players names very little.

Is it just me or do yo think that Nessler hardly ever says anyone's name in any game, compared to previous versions. It seems so generic with the commentary this year and I think its more generic and there is hardly a players name said with the commentary throughout the game. . Your thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 10:55 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Nessler saying players names very little.

The commentary has taken a step back in this year's version, and I think it's due to removing Lee Corso. His little sayings may have been cheesy, but it was definitely better than the gaps in this year's game. By no way is it a game killer, but at the same time, it's kinda annoying.

That's why we have iTunes, radio and the mute button.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus
Is it just me or do yo think that Nessler hardly ever says anyone's name in any game, compared to previous versions. It seems so generic with the commentary this year and I think its more generic and there is hardly a players name said with the commentary throughout the game. . Your thoughts?
It's a lot better in Madden where they NEVER say the player's name. Now that is bad. When Nessler said my qb's name, Dobbs, I was actually shocked because I thought it was like Madden where the commentators just say the Halfback, or the qb, etc..
Old 07-16-2010, 11:16 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

That part of the game has taken a step back since this gen IMO.........

I don't even recall him ever saying a defensive player's name when the D got a sack, he would sometimes say a name when the ball was tipped. That part seems to be an issue since at least 08 on 360 (never played 07 on 360) but it seems like they used to pride themselves in getting Nessler to say as many name as possible on last-gen.

It has seemed to be more noticeable (that the names are not being said) since last year as opposed to 09 and before, however............
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »