Home

Defensive Lineman can Dominate Games..FINALLY!

This is a discussion on Defensive Lineman can Dominate Games..FINALLY! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2010, 08:32 PM   #1
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16
Defensive Lineman can Dominate Games..FINALLY!

I think we've all been clamoring for this for years. After about 15 games played with 8 minute quarters on Heisman, I can comfortably say that defensive/offensive lineman ratings finally MEAN something. I've seen Cameron Heyward dominate inferior lineman game after game. And I've also by the same token seen that DL from Iowa (help me out here) completely dominate my young sophomore RT all game, and when he went out due to an injury I could immediately tell a difference. This game has some issues but for the first time I think we should just appluad the guys at EA for hearing the fans and finally making line play matter! It's very refreshing to see, as speed isn't the most important factor in a good team anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 08:49 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Defensive Lineman can Dominate Games..FINALLY!

Yeah a played North Carolina and Marvin Austin was in my backfield nearly every play. I hated it so much, but loved it at the same time. I love having to change your gameplan because of a computer player
Old 07-18-2010, 09:21 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I noticed this too, very happy with it. When I play Florida online I just throw interior running plays out the window because that DT is such a beast. Instead of being angry, I'm grateful for the challenge. I can't believe how much the developers have gotten right this year.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:23 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

I've noticed that the farther through a game you get, the more the difference becomes prevalent. Playing online dynasty on All-America with sliders adjusted as SU vs PSU, I was doing okay in the first half, but as the game wore on, my line just couldn't do anything and PSU easily dominated.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:45 PM   #5
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7

The only problem is ANY defensive lineman can dominate games with that ridiculously over done jump the snap gameplan "feature". Any defensive line can wreak havoc with that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 09:49 PM   #6
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by o 99 PROBL3MS o
The only problem is ANY defensive lineman can dominate games with that ridiculously over done jump the snap gameplan "feature". Any defensive line can wreak havoc with that.
The only gameplan feature I ever use is the chew clock. Everything else seems over done as far as effectiveness is concerned.
Not to mention I notice the CPU jumping the snap(bottom of screen, says 'jumped the snap' or whatever) about 90% of the time, granted it doesn't always turn into the crazy blitzing mayhem that you would think it would..but still. It's the principle of the matter.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:52 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

YES, I played FSU n Nathan Williams(DE ohio state) had 9 tackles, 5 for loss, a FF and 3 sacks.....and Heyward is a MONSTER!
Old 07-18-2010, 10:07 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I just played Alabama with Duke in my online dynasty and yea the front 4 aboslutely dominated the line of scrimmage.couldnt run,couldnt pass and they rarely blitzed lol was ugly

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »