Home

Taunting before touchdown

This is a discussion on Taunting before touchdown within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 10:47 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Taunting before touchdown

There is a big difference between an assault and an insult. The first is a crime, the second is protected by the 1st Amendment.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:13 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull n Pray
There is a big difference between an assault and an insult. The first is a crime, the second is protected by the 1st Amendment.
I meant by nut-shot when a guy gets hit their during the game not outside of the game. The 1st amendment means nothing in football, whenever a coach disrespects a referee or disrespects another person or organization verbally they can be fined. Whenever you fill out a form or a contract you say you're not going to talk bad about that organization and you have to follow a certain set of rules. You can't say certain things on the forums because of the TOS.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:17 AM   #59
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Let's get back on topic here for a second.

Love it or hate it, taunting, post-play hot-dogging and excessive TD celebrations ARE part of football, and always will be.

For that reason and for that reason alone, we gamers should have the OPTION to taunt, hot-dog and throw excessive celebrations in the end zone -- and it should all come at the risk of a 15-yard unsportsmanlike penalty.

What I find unacceptable is that EA doesn't even give us the CHOICE to do this stuff. They need to bring back the user-controlled celebrations we had in NCAA 06.

And for those cocky show-offs who want to taunt their opponents, well, they'll learn their lesson when they get a 15-yard flag.

In a demented kind of way, I almost think people would learn a lot about sportsmanship if EA put user-controlled celebrations -- and unsportsmanlike penalties -- in NCAA 12.

But for EA to pretend this stuff doesn't happen on game day is just pig-ignorant.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:38 PM   #60
Rookie

Rostan's Arena

OVR: 0
Thumbs down It's a game it's not supposed to be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbs90
Taunting, celebrating, talking trash is a great part of football. It shows emotion, football is an emotional game. I would say its one of the reasons i wish i would have played ball in college. As for video games, every chance i can i show off. Im better than you, and i want you to know it.
I know in Madden 11 holding down certain keys would be celebrations. Like if you have a big gap as you run in for the TD hold down "O" ps3 spin move button your guy would point with the football. Not sure if NCAA has any but with the way the stick up the butt PC crowd is trying to ban all fun celebrations I would not be surprised if NCAA did not have any. I have noticed NCAA is so strick I could not even use my best friends last name when creating a player.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:14 AM   #61
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by VUFTBL1
Why do you wanna taunt before a TD? That's is the wimpiest, most insecure thing Ive ever seen. Just score the darn TD and move on. Go celebrate with the mascot if you want but taunting before a TD is just plain childish. EA should put a 15 yard live ball penalty like whats going to happen in reality this year/ Taunting is for sissy wimps bro
Not sure if serious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 12:22 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 22

There are no real taunts this year. The move that you're doing isn't a taunt, it's to evade from the defenders trying to sweep your leg.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:53 AM   #63
Rookie

Altai's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VUFTBL1
Sorry. If you're playing against the CPU then taunt all day if you want. I play pretty much online only and feel like taunting is showing the other guy up. But if you're playing vs the cpu then nobody cares. Taunt all day.
I can see why you would think that, seeing as your a Vandy fan and all...
NCAA: USC Trojans
MLS: Los Angeles Galaxy
BEPL: Chelsea

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »