Home

Play with your favorite team online

This is a discussion on Play with your favorite team online within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2010, 09:57 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Play with your favorite team online

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderRatedCoast
Yeah, as a lifelong Oregon fan it disappoints me that we have become a bandwagon team. I hate bandwagoners.
For what it's worth, I don't think people are bandwagoneering to Oregon for the same reason people generally bandwagon to teams.

Personally, I'm not at all about bandwagoning. Arkansas is my team, and always will be. But I do have "my Big 12 team," and "my Big Ten team" etc. I don't know that I really have a Pac-10 team, because I don't like Pac-10 football.

But I think people are flocking toward Oregon, yes, in part because they've been good, but mostly? Because there is a pretty large hate growing for USC, and Oregon pretty much toppled the giant even before the sanction axe took its swing at USC.

For what it's worth, my Big 12 team is Nebraska and my Big Ten team is Iowa. (And have been for a while, it's not just because they're both pretty good now.) When Nebraska leaves, I think I won't like Big 12 football any more...and I'll have a hard time deciding between Neb and Iowa.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:02 PM   #10
Rookie

jdmsi7's Arena

OVR: 4

love too bro but I'm on ps3 :/
Old 07-18-2010, 10:03 PM   #11
Rookie

CrossTown's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderRatedCoast
Yeah, as a lifelong Oregon fan it disappoints me that we have become a bandwagon team. I hate bandwagoners.
Consider me quilty here haha. Dennis Dixon was too big a draw to NOT root for Oregon. I think it was the game he played against Michigan (I'm a die-hard Michigan fan, despite my collegiate attendance) that had me sold.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 10:36 PM   #12
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

I try to match my team to the rank of the team I'm playing.

Top 10 - Wisconsin
Top 25 - FSU
Outside that, usually - Colorado.

However, If I see them pick OSU or Alabama I just back out. Almost guaranteed cheeser.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:05 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC

However, If I see them pick OSU or Alabama I just back out. Almost guaranteed cheeser.
That also mean that are going to be god awful unless there record shows otherwise.

its ridiculous how some people wont play higher rated teams then they use, but there always ready to going when your team is much weaker.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:19 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 7

The only online game I have played, I was Southern Miss, my opponent was Nebraska.

The guy even sent me a message early in the game that said "y u thought".

It was a laugh riot as, apparently, the guy did not get the memo that said this is not '09.

Needless to say, I retired undefeated from ranked quickplay at 1-0.

"y u thought" indeed.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:39 AM   #15
Rookie

browntowntiger's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VUFTBL1
I play my online ranked games with Vandy. I wish I could play someone other than Bama, Ohio State, Oregon, LSU, etc.. all the top teams. You cant tell me that every online player is a fan of those teams. For once I'd like to play a match vs NC State, Louisville or Minnesota, or someone like that!! I could play with Ohio State and win a bunch more games than I do with Vandy, but I wouldnt get near the satisfaction.
your kinda in a sticky one. your team won two games last year. i respect the pride but play as vandy offline and find yourself a decent team for online so you dont get messed on. beleive me, the other guy could care less about your pride as hes hightailing it toward the endzone. hell your coach doesent even want to play as vandy online. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 02:25 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

If I see the other guy intentionally picking a powerhouse, I'll just grab Ohio State or Florida. But if they actually want to play some god honest football, I'll pick my teams Nebraska, Boston College, or USF for fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »