Home

Anyone Look At Stats for Simulated Dynasty Games?

This is a discussion on Anyone Look At Stats for Simulated Dynasty Games? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2010, 10:20 PM   #1
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23
Anyone Look At Stats for Simulated Dynasty Games?

I played my first week in dynasty, and simmed the rest of the games. I always go through and look at the big matchups for the week. In looking at these box scores, I found the the number of plays ran by these teams was way too high. In alot of the games each team was running off upwards of 100 plays a game.

I am not saying that every game is like this, but I looked at 7 or 8 box scores and it was the norm. Unless I am missing something, I don't believe there is a setting for quarter length of simmed games. Does changing the quarter length for my games to a shorter length fix the issue? I currently have it set to 8 minutes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 10:35 PM   #2
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

Re: Anyone Look At Stats for Simulated Dynasty Games?

I haven't noticed the amount of plays, I have noticed though the simulation does a terrible job with option teams. The RB will have 30 or 40 carries, the QB 10 or so and no one else will have more than 1 or 2.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

100+ plays is the norm for a real college game.

Through my first 4 games in my online dynasty using All-American with slider adjustments and 7 minute quarters, total plays run...

Wk 1 Bye
Wk 2 Syracuse at Buffalo, 98 plays
Wk 3 Syracuse vs Army, 99 plays
Wk 4 Syracuse at Penn State, 103 plays
Wk 5 Syracuse vs Toledo, 101 plays

It should also be noted that I'm run first, run second, run third, and if that doesn't work, try running some more team. And I frequently turn the tempo to conservative to chew clock. I'm sure if I looked at the stats for the other people in my online dynasty, they'd all have more plays. And to be honest, it probably wouldn't hurt it we bumped it up to 8 minutes.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:49 PM   #4
Rookie

pezone's Arena

OVR: 7

in my offline dynasty, on Heisman, Georgia Tech is the number one rushing team in the nation. I think that's about right......

I've heard the option is pretty bad when the cpu uses it against you....i guess i'll find out when Georgia plays G.Tech in a couple of weeks.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:02 PM   #5
All Star

poster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
100+ plays is the norm for a real college game.

Through my first 4 games in my online dynasty using All-American with slider adjustments and 7 minute quarters, total plays run...

Wk 1 Bye
Wk 2 Syracuse at Buffalo, 98 plays
Wk 3 Syracuse vs Army, 99 plays
Wk 4 Syracuse at Penn State, 103 plays
Wk 5 Syracuse vs Toledo, 101 plays

It should also be noted that I'm run first, run second, run third, and if that doesn't work, try running some more team. And I frequently turn the tempo to conservative to chew clock. I'm sure if I looked at the stats for the other people in my online dynasty, they'd all have more plays. And to be honest, it probably wouldn't hurt it we bumped it up to 8 minutes.
I am seeing almost 100 plays per team in some cases, too high.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 11:25 PM   #6
Rookie

Goose26's Arena

OVR: 3

Have you also noticed that the top QB's will throw less than 4 INT's for the whole season? This was an issue last year that apparently wasn't addressed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »