Home

Online Dynasty Newbie Question

This is a discussion on Online Dynasty Newbie Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2010, 03:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Online Dynasty Newbie Question

I am a dynasty nut. That is pretty much all I ever play in any sports game. I never did online dynasty in the past, but with the addition of being able to control your dynasty from the PC, I am intrigued this year. Before I start on mine, I thought I'd ask a few questions for the seasoned vets:

-Can you do a 1 player online dynasty?
-Are there any differences in an online vs regular dynasty, insofar as features that aren't available in one that are in the other? (obviously being able to use the PC is one, but are there differences in recruiting, gameplay, etc?)
-Anything else I should know?

Thanks in advance. I am on the road a lot, so being able to do some recruiting, advancing, etc from my laptop would be huge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 06:24 PM   #2
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Online Dynasty Newbie Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhagf4
-Can you do a 1 player online dynasty?
*Yes

Quote:
-Are there any differences in an online vs regular dynasty, insofar as features that aren't available in one that are in the other? (obviously being able to use the PC is one, but are there differences in recruiting, gameplay, etc?)
*Conference Invites are not included in OD
*When you play your games, you cannot access your settings. IE house rules can't be changed during a game.

Quote:
-Anything else I should know?
*Prepare yourself for the awesomeness that will be arriving shortly.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:45 PM   #3
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Online Dynasty Newbie Question

I was initially really into the idea of a one person online dynasty until the servers flaked on me during a recruiting call and I never got to make any pitches but the call still counted so I lost a week of progress with that recruit.

There's also a lot of the finer settings that aren't available online. For example the individual team settings like run/pass ratio or the ability to edit the coach names. Lately there's been the 20 min delay between the offseason tasks that's been talked about on the forums. It's supposed to be temporary but it is currently making the offseason take at least 3 hrs to complete.

I wasn't going to do anything with the dynasty wire and the rest of the interface is the same so I restarted an offline dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »