Home

Dropped Interceptions

This is a discussion on Dropped Interceptions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 12:03 AM   #1
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16
Dropped Interceptions

As much as receiver drops can be a problem, they're nothing compared to the % of easy picks let go by defenders. I call the perfect defense, I set my pass defense to aggressive, I get pressure, he forces it right to the stationary linebacker, and he just drops it. I see this about 3 times a game. I would estimate that about 60% of easy interceptions are dropped.

Sliders help but online you're just screwed.

But this isn't about how big of a problem it is. I'd just like to know if its better to try to user pick. I've tried it a few times, all unsuccessful, but I think it may just be me mistiming it, since I very rarely try it. Although sometimes they're so open that even a mistime should be picked off, would it help at all to practice? These drops have cost me some wins already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 12:24 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Dropped Interceptions

If corners could catch, they'd play receiver.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:50 AM   #3
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
If corners could catch, they'd play receiver.
Thanks for your help. I think I know how to combat the dropped interceptions now.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:02 AM   #4
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Sliders are your only option for fixing the number of easy drops. I've user caught a number of interceptions, but it doesn't seem to change the ratio of caught/dropped INTs. There's not really any timing involved. Just like user catching with a receiver, you can pretty well just hold down triangle (PS3 obviously) and your guy will go for the INT when the ball gets close enough.

It is a bit of a pain in online games, but the other guy's defenders drop INTs too. So, it balances out in the end. I don't mind having defenders drop passes, because it is true that a lot of defenders don't have the best hands. You see it all the time. I don't even mind them dropping an easy one that they should have caught. But after your guys have dropped about the 3rd or 4th floating duck that my 6 year-old cousin could've caught, it gets a little irritating.

Just try to overlook it when playing online, and adjust the sliders when playing offline. Maybe it's something that can be adjusted through a patch later on.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:09 AM   #5
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Sliders are your only option for fixing the number of easy drops. I've user caught a number of interceptions, but it doesn't seem to change the ratio of caught/dropped INTs. There's not really any timing involved. Just like user catching with a receiver, you can pretty well just hold down triangle (PS3 obviously) and your guy will go for the INT when the ball gets close enough.

It is a bit of a pain in online games, but the other guy's defenders drop INTs too. So, it balances out in the end. I don't mind having defenders drop passes, because it is true that a lot of defenders don't have the best hands. You see it all the time. I don't even mind them dropping an easy one that they should have caught. But after your guys have dropped about the 3rd or 4th floating duck that my 6 year-old cousin could've caught, it gets a little irritating.

Just try to overlook it when playing online, and adjust the sliders when playing offline. Maybe it's something that can be adjusted through a patch later on.
Was afraid of that. Youre right that it balances most of the time, just would be nice for it to work the way it should.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 01:13 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
Thanks for your help. I think I know how to combat the dropped interceptions now.
hahaha..

yeah. pisses me off too, dude. especially when the int could end the game, stop an important drive, etc. the percentage of ints should certainly be lower than wr catching, but not there are some easy picks that hit the ground. but, if i even half the drops were ints, my corners and safetys would be all americans. ea has to balance it because the wr/corner play is still far from realistic.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:23 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Have you tried recruiting WRs and changing their position to CB? By the time they're juniors/seniors, they're INT monsters.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:24 AM   #8
Zero Finger Movement

CRIP4LIFE's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Was afraid of that. Youre right that it balances most of the time, just would be nice for it to work the way it should.
define "work the way it should"...

because of the way this game engine works, EA devs programmed the INTs (or rather dropped INTs) this way.

if it "work {sic} the way it should" by your definition, there would be 10-15 INTs per game.

this is a simulation/game... not real life. it is trying to simulate many things. not just on the field, but stat-wise too. in order for less passes to even be touched by defenders, the game engine would have to change (or at the very least, the passing mechanics/engine). in real life, defenders dont touch the ball 1/10th of the time they do in this game. so to compensate, this is what you get.

it's not hard to figure out imho... it's like thinking that everyone who gets shot in real life dies as fast as they do in call of duty and complaining that it isn't realistic enough.

Last edited by CRIP4LIFE; 07-21-2010 at 01:29 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »