Home

NCAA Football 11 Tuning Requests

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Tuning Requests within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 12:19 PM   #17
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Tuning Requests

All of my suggestions pertain to online play.

I think that something needs to be done for the running game, particularly from under center. It seems over-effective to me, particularly with regards to outside runs from "big" sets (2 TEs or more).

First, it seems like the LBs are pretty slow to react and don't flow aggressively to the ball. I think this is part of why play action doesn't seem to be all that effective as well. Second, it does seem like defender block shedding needs to be increased slightly, as there seem to be an unrealistic number of times when the offense completely seals off the entire defensive front and nobody gets off a block.

Also, if this can be patched or tuned, I'd like to see cover 2 zones fixed. Corners in cover 2 on the game need to get depth down the sidelines if there are no short threats to their area. Instead they sink in towards the middle of the field and play really short, which gives up easy completions down the sidelines. Also, safeties play too deep, and the middle hook zone player needs to play a little deeper.

I would also like to see something tuned so that players are more likely to jump offsides if the DL is set to aggressive and the offense fake snaps. Right now there is basically no penalty to setting the DL to aggressive, and it results in ridiculous amount of pressure.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:39 PM   #18
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Adem, when you lab the punt return and kick return gunners just check out how much a lead they get how. how easy it is for them to release off of the press. how fast they are in your face. and on kickoffs your outside guys are extra speedy
Old 07-21-2010, 12:41 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 19

I usually do my own thing as far as tweaking sliders to affect the game, but I decided to try Versuz2 slider suggestions and they actually help with some of the things mentioned in OP as well as some others. The only slider I adjusted outside of his suggestions, was the Tackle slider. At 35 many break tackle animations come to life by the CPU and tackles are based off of a Def player's tackle rating/hit power rating's.

The gameplay setting is on Heisman which has been a No-No in times past, but after trying the game play is much better than on Varsity (what I normally played on)

LB's are chucking WR's on crossing routes.

DB's no longer mirror WR routes, you can see them changing direction out of their backpeddle/hip turn. Only guys with high ACC recover properly. Deep comeback routes are "Beautiful" and require throws before WR finish their routes.

Putting User Throw ACC to 100 allows you to throw to any of the 8 locations of a WR. (high, low, low lead causing diving attempts etc....)

The pass rush is fixed were the pocket is pushed realisticly and DE's rush hard from the outside. You can actually step up into the pocket and throw with pocket QB's. The good thing about it is that OL/DL attributes determine how affective they will be.

With CPU RB ability at 40-45, some crazy animations are playing out. Power backs/FB are seriously trying to lower there shoulder/head on runs while agile backs are trying to juke and use their SPD/ACC/AGL.

I could go on, but given them a shot and I think you'll see many of the request can be fixes with the slider settings he suggest.

Also, folks keep mentioning recruits comming in with low OVR. You have to keep in mind that there is a hidden potential rating that will cause a player to progress properly. Meaning a lower tier school will get a Fr rated in the 40-50's, and that player with high potential will progress to somewhere in the high 60's which will keep recruiting realistic. 4-5 Star player's would not be going to 1 or 2 level type schools in real life, that's what they are trying to mimmick
Don't read to much into the OVR rating, you have to look at the player positional ratings to see if he will fit your play philosophy. There are some 4-5 Star Fr that come in "Maxed' out already, as well as 40'ish rated players.

I know this is for request, but these slider settings do fix many of the things being requested.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:47 PM   #20
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I'll go back over previous posts and add them a bit later, right now I want to answer this post in particular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I usually do my own thing as far as tweaking sliders to affect the game, but I decided to try Versuz2 slider suggestions and they actually help with some of the things mentioned in OP as well as some others. The only slider I adjusted outside of his suggestions, was the Tackle slider. At 35 many break tackle animations come to life by the CPU and tackles are based off of a Def player's tackle rating/hit power rating's.

The gameplay setting is on Heisman which has been a No-No in times past, but after trying the game play is much better than on Varsity (what I normally played on)

LB's are chucking WR's on crossing routes.

DB's no longer mirror WR routes, you can see them changing direction out of their backpeddle/hip turn. Only guys with high ACC recover properly. Deep comeback routes are "Beautiful" and require throws before WR finish their routes.

Putting User Throw ACC to 100 allows you to throw to any of the 8 locations of a WR. (high, low, low lead causing diving attempts etc....)

The pass rush is fixed were the pocket is pushed realisticly and DE's rush hard from the outside. You can actually step up into the pocket and throw with pocket QB's. The good thing about it is that OL/DL attributes determine how affective they will be.

With CPU RB ability at 40-45, some crazy animations are playing out. Power backs/FB are seriously trying to lower there shoulder/head on runs while agile backs are trying to juke and use their SPD/ACC/AGL.

I could go on, but given them a shot and I think you'll see many of the request can be fixes with the slider settings he suggest.

Also, folks keep mentioning recruits comming in with low OVR. You have to keep in mind that there is a hidden potential rating that will cause a player to progress properly. Meaning a lower tier school will get a Fr rated in the 40-50's, and that player with high potential will progress to somewhere in the high 60's which will keep recruiting realistic. 4-5 Star player's would not be going to 1 or 2 level type schools in real life, that's what they are trying to mimmick
Don't read to much into the OVR rating, you have to look at the player positional ratings to see if he will fit your play philosophy. There are some 4-5 Star Fr that come in "Maxed' out already, as well as 40'ish rated players.

I know this is for request, but these slider settings do fix many of the things being requested.
Let me get this straight: Heisman actually plays a more sim game than Varsity and All American this year?

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:54 PM   #21
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Bills9
Progression and Incoming recruit ratings need to be tuned. Too many recruits coming in at under a 65 overall. Good recruits are coming in lower than this.

Almost all kicking recruits are absolutely awful.

The bad teams down the road in Dynasty are woefully bad. Best players are 60 overalls.

There was nothing wrong with the overalls of recruiting classes in the past. Progression was the problem. Now EA has decided that they needed to drastically lower 90% of incoming recruits, AND slow progression to a snails pace. They need to find a middle ground, and I'm sure they can do something to tune this, or just straight patch it.

That's moreso an issue with the default ratings. I think over time the ratings will level out but it will take 4-5 seasons to flush out current players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 01:05 PM   #22
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I'll go back over previous posts and add them a bit later, right now I want to answer this post in particular.

Let me get this straight: Heisman actually plays a more sim game than Varsity and All American this year?
Thanks for the reply regarding the tuner sets Adem...and I would love to hear more on a sim Heisman level as well. That doesn't seem very likely to me, but hey, I'll try anything once.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:07 PM   #23
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I think people are concerned about overalls because it causes a ton of schools to be rated in the Ds and low Cs after about 5 -7 years. The highest schools will be rated a B. Some people have had schools like Florida, USC, and OU with D ratings. Also Awarenss is way too low on incoming freshman and it only increases by about 3 poiints every year but they come in a at 40 AWR rating to start which cause most player to be super unaware after year 5. I think this has to be patched and cannot be tuned though.

Do the tuner sets work online?
Old 07-21-2010, 01:14 PM   #24
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm confused. We have a tuning file, but no tuner sets to download just yet? I guess I'm not understanding what a tuning file is. Is it something I need to d/l?

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »