Home

Getting sacks vs. CPU

This is a discussion on Getting sacks vs. CPU within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 05:01 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Getting sacks vs. CPU

I'm also curious, has anyone experimented a lot with pass rush techniques? If so, which are most effective? I've been basically doing two different things: one, edge-rushing with a linebacker (sometimes one who wasn't supposed to be blitzing). This is sometimes effective at creating pressure, but I've gotten no sacks from it and the CPU blockers do pick it up pretty well. And two, manually rushing with a lineman, incorporating some right stick moves (usually I just press left and right to try to spin out of the block after I'm engaged). This last technique has been especially NOT effective, but I was wondering if other right stick moves are better, if I should do them before I'm tied up with the blocker, and if jumping the snap makes any difference. In both of these cases (lineman and linebacker) I feel like I'm not getting a good jump at all - my first couple steps are like I'm in molasses, giving the QB plenty of time to set and the blocker plenty of time to get in front of me.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:04 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

You guys have to learn to use the right stick. I've practiced the moves in practice mode and it makes a huge difference. Last night I had 6 sacks with the Buckeyes (granted it was Ohio I was up against but still) and 22 pressures. Also, it really helps if you set your defensive line to aggressive.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:07 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
You guys have to learn to use the right stick. I've practiced the moves in practice mode and it makes a huge difference. Last night I had 6 sacks with the Buckeyes (granted it was Ohio I was up against but still) and 22 pressures. Also, it really helps if you set your defensive line to aggressive.
Then I am practice mode-bound. I'm tired of feeling bogged down and sluggish at the line. Do you recommend any specific techniques? (I wish this game had a tutorial, especially on the right stick moves - I have found so many cool things to do with the right stick for ball carriers, but it's harder to effectively practice with it on D, I think.)
Old 07-21-2010, 05:11 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

The one that works the best for me is to take a DE and use the right stick in a half moon motion from top to bottom and the guy will do like a Strahan push-up and swim under move and break free in a speed rush. But then every so often I throw in a circular spin move as it seems the CPU adjusts to that swim move if you use it all the time. Even though I don't get a ton of sacks I usually get excellent pressure.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:11 PM   #21
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

It just takes the right play call at the right time.

I've had sacks where the CPU had NOBODY to throw to because my zone was perfect and they held the ball and I got the sack.

I have found if they have somebody somewhat open they will throw the pass regardless of the pressure.

Pressue + coverage = sacks

It stinks but the CPU generally doesn't miss when guys are open
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 05:12 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Also just a note, if you're the right DE (as in on the right side of your tv screen) then the half moon motion will be on the right side of the right stick and if you're the left DE then it's opposite.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:24 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
The one that works the best for me is to take a DE and use the right stick in a half moon motion from top to bottom and the guy will do like a Strahan push-up and swim under move and break free in a speed rush. But then every so often I throw in a circular spin move as it seems the CPU adjusts to that swim move if you use it all the time. Even though I don't get a ton of sacks I usually get excellent pressure.
Thanks man, I'm definitely trying that. On the last comment there, if you had six sacks in a game you had six times as many as I've had in my last three games, so I'm willing to try whatever you suggest!
Old 07-21-2010, 05:27 PM   #24
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

oddly enough i get my sacks at the end of the game when the CPU is trying to heave long passes downfield.

I'll go the whole game and not get one, then get like 2 straight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »