Home

Getting sacks vs. CPU

This is a discussion on Getting sacks vs. CPU within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 05:40 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Getting sacks vs. CPU

dalecooper - yeah i was getting none or maybe 1 a game as well which is why I was reading that others were getting more and I was like, I have to quit sleepwalking on defense (as I have in so many years past) and actually see if I can get better now with these controls...and lo and behold it has worked for me so far pretty well!!

I have some videos I should probably upload if I get time of some of the sacks, it's just crazy watching some of them..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 06:27 PM   #26
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoman
I usually set the ROLB to blitz and controll the LE and use the right stick and Sprint button to get by him on the outside, there´s a good chance the QB will be moving away from the blitzing LOLB and give me a good shot at him.
Depends on matchup as well of course, just a decent method that i found fun.
You mentioned using the Sprint button - does Auto-Sprint affect both offense and defense?
Old 07-21-2010, 08:11 PM   #27
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11

Anyone know whether Auto-Sprint is offense only? Thanks.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:40 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

I average probably 3 or so sacks a game playing as TCU, what I do to get them (once had 5 out of one guy in a game) is I almost always play as a d-lineman, and always play as a rusher (Safety, CB, LB). But you need to get your shedding moves down, use the right thumbstick, it works wonders, I'll shed off of OT's that are way better than my DE, and DTs almost always stomp on O-line.

But you also need to change your blitz every time, I run maybe 50% of my plays as blitzes (5+ guys rushing) over a whole game, but I might only blitz the same guys (other than D-line) 3 or 4 times a game. So if you call a LB blitz, have your next blitz come from a safety spot, or even better call a CB blitz from the short side, those guys are awesome.

Also another technique if you're blitzing a guy from outside the box is to engage the furthest out O-lineman with your DE so he has an easier path to the QB. For example if they have no TEs and you're blitzing a Safety from outside of the Tackle you'll want to engage your DE on that tackle and not the guard, then work out so if the guard blocks your Safety your DE will have a free path after he sheds the Tackle, or inwards and engage the Guard so the Safety has a free path (depending on the play, and you can switch those moves to add confusion)

Like I said I love the blitz, I run my whole Defense on it, and I'm always 1st D in the nation against the run, and usually 2nd or 3rd against the pass (just like in real college football )
Old 07-21-2010, 09:56 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
The key is shutting down the opposing offense on 1st and 2nd down. I don't know what kind of offense's you're playing but play your gap assignment and defend the run really, really well. When you get then in passing situations, use your "pass committ" and your defense, whoever you send will rush aggressively.

Also, if you're running the 3-4 then you've got a pretty deep comination of zone and man blitzes. Don't run the same type of blitz, the CPU will start to anticipate. Press sometimes, play off others, the CPU is going to convert sometimes, but if you don't mix up your calls you won't be able to stop anyone. Use your spotlight receiver. Attack the weakest lineman. Take note of what type of passes the QB is throwing. Is he going down the middle of the field? Is he hitting the TE? Is he focusing on his star receiver? Very few QBs you go against will really spread it around to 4 or 5 guys. I've run blitzes against 5 receiver sets that left a guy wide open gotten sacks because he wasn't the first or second read.

Use your whole defensive playbook.
Lol. I've called the same defense numerous times in a row and the CPU is completely oblivious.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »