Home

Espn Classic Games

This is a discussion on Espn Classic Games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2010, 12:02 AM   #17
Rookie

JWO35's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Espn Classic Games

BCS National Title Game: #1 Michigan(Me) vs. #2 Utah(WTF? I know right?)

Any way it was close game the entire game, every time I scored they scored. It was tied 28 all going in to the fourth, it became a game of defense....With 3:00 min left Utah was on a roll picking up 1st after 1st. They got down to the like 15yrd line, Their QB(Wynn I think) threw a pass right in the endzone somehow the michigan DB picked it off(went right over Utah's WR head). So at the 20yrd line with like a 1:30 to go. I start driving it completing pass after pass(was close to one INT, but the DB deflected it like a puss). At Utah's 30yrd line, pitched it to my RB broke one tackle and he was gone with like 30secs left...defense comes through and I won 35-28.

It was a classic score of 1000+ pts
P.S. I did this without my starting QB and starting RB.....luckily the RB was quick and Devin Gardner goes perfect with the Spread Offense. lol funny thing is that the two guys almost single handedly cost me a game vs Northwestern

Last edited by JWO35; 07-22-2010 at 12:05 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:24 AM   #18
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Got a score of 3500-some in a double OT 35-28 loss at home with Minnesota vs. Kansas. Surprised me it was that high. I overcame an early 14-point deficit and tied it on the last play of the fourth quarter, after driving like 70 yards in three plays with about 25 seconds left. Couldn't stop them in the OTs, however.
Played 11 games and only two have registered as greatest games because the others were lopsided.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 07-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Damn, makes me wonder what the perfect score would be I thought mine was high in the 1700+. but some of you especially Spanky, getting 3500 is just nuts.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:07 PM   #20
Pro

amoore0192's Arena

OVR: 7

I played a game using florida, I have a few created players, nothing to outragous but just a few buddies and myself, but whatever. Ive added a few to other schools throughout the nation, but anyway...I was playing bama (in bryant-denny)..of course how fitting, and it was an amazing game. Starting off I drove the ball straight down their throat the opening drive. Used a ton of no huddle and they just couldnt keep up..I was in the redzone and called a curl route to an outside reciever and the db jumped the route stopping all momentum. Well the turn around and basically run ALL OVER me with Ingram. The dudes a freak in this game, its ridiculous. They go up two scores in the first quarter. I go on a long drive spaning the rest of the first and a good portion of the second (with 8MIN QRTS) score bring myself within a score. Open the second half with score and a 2pnt conversion to go up one. They again, shove Ingram down my throat and then hit Jones on a post to score midway through the third. I get the ball back, score quick to go up by one towards the end of the third. This is where it gets good, I kick them the ball hold em..and recieve the ball. Its still above 4mins in the fourth so I planned on scoring so theyd have to drive the field score and go for two and Id still have a chance to get in FG range if need be. That being said, they smothered my running game and had pressure the entire drive like nothing theyd done in the first half. It comes to a 3rd and 13 and I hit my TE on a post bc the saftey was held by the reciever I had streaking down the field. A little pump to the outside, the post was wide open. I convert, go no huddle again and Im in their territory prob the 47 or so, and they tip the first pass, I have a run of about 7 and then they sack me for a short loss. So Im forced to kick a FG and go up by four. The kick was good and on the ensuing kickoff they break it to about their 35. Theres probably 3mins and 40seecs or so to go and they gash me for two long runs, a pass and then once again shove it in with Ingram and to beat it all go for two and convert to force me to score with a little under two minutes and one TO left. This makes thhe score 29-25 Bama. I get the ball run a screen that goes for 15 or so and get out of bounds. Im close to Bama territory but not quite there yet, next play im forced to hit a mesh route and cant get to the sideline so I hurry up get to the ball snap it and hit a reciever on an out. Relaxing, I go into the huddle thinking the clocks stopped and come to find out its not. Im on Bamas 48-45 not quite sure, but Im forced to use my last timeout with 50 or 45 secs left. I break the huddle come to the line and see no one open down field so I take off rush for around ten yards get shoved out with 20 secs left on the clock. I throw a deep post bc all the other sideline routes were covered and I get to the 5 yard line. I rush to the line and run QB power bc they were still in a nickle package from earlier. The de sheds my blocker and trips me up at the half yard line. Heart racing, I hit Y and hurry to the line. Players gasping for their breath as I look to the bottom of the screen and watch the second tick from 2 down to 1, I snap the ball. My RG pancakes his defender so I cut up into that gap letting the pulling gaurd hit the DE. Out of nowhere a LB dives at my feet from the side. My qb breaks a tackle, puts his hand down and rolls into the endzone with no time on the clock!!!! The final score was 32-29 UF, I actually felt like I was on the field or in the stands and couod feel the tension, and the relief of pulling that game out..it was unreal.

CUSTOM COVERS
&
CUSTOM UNIFORM DESIGNS
Old 07-22-2010, 08:25 PM   #21
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoore0192
I played a game using florida, I have a few created players, nothing to outragous but just a few buddies and myself, but whatever. Ive added a few to other schools throughout the nation, but anyway...I was playing bama (in bryant-denny)..of course how fitting, and it was an amazing game.

Starting off I drove the ball straight down their throat the opening drive. Used a ton of no huddle and they just couldnt keep up..I was in the redzone and called a curl route to an outside reciever and the db jumped the route stopping all momentum.

Well the turn around and basically run ALL OVER me with Ingram. The dudes a freak in this game, its ridiculous. They go up two scores in the first quarter. I go on a long drive spaning the rest of the first and a good portion of the second (with 8MIN QRTS) score bring myself within a score. Open the second half with score and a 2pnt conversion to go up one. They again, shove Ingram down my throat and then hit Jones on a post to score midway through the third. I get the ball back, score quick to go up by one towards the end of the third.

This is where it gets good, I kick them the ball hold em..and recieve the ball. Its still above 4mins in the fourth so I planned on scoring so theyd have to drive the field score and go for two and Id still have a chance to get in FG range if need be. That being said, they smothered my running game and had pressure the entire drive like nothing theyd done in the first half. It comes to a 3rd and 13 and I hit my TE on a post bc the saftey was held by the reciever I had streaking down the field.

A little pump to the outside, the post was wide open. I convert, go no huddle again and Im in their territory prob the 47 or so, and they tip the first pass, I have a run of about 7 and then they sack me for a short loss. So Im forced to kick a FG and go up by four. The kick was good and on the ensuing kickoff they break it to about their 35.

Theres probably 3mins and 40seecs or so to go and they gash me for two long runs, a pass and then once again shove it in with Ingram and to beat it all go for two and convert to force me to score with a little under two minutes and one TO left. This makes thhe score 29-25 Bama. I get the ball run a screen that goes for 15 or so and get out of bounds.

Im close to Bama territory but not quite there yet, next play im forced to hit a mesh route and cant get to the sideline so I hurry up get to the ball snap it and hit a reciever on an out. Relaxing, I go into the huddle thinking the clocks stopped and come to find out its not. Im on Bamas 48-45 not quite sure, but Im forced to use my last timeout with 50 or 45 secs left.

I break the huddle come to the line and see no one open down field so I take off rush for around ten yards get shoved out with 20 secs left on the clock. I throw a deep post bc all the other sideline routes were covered and I get to the 5 yard line. I rush to the line and run QB power bc they were still in a nickle package from earlier.

The de sheds my blocker and trips me up at the half yard line. Heart racing, I hit Y and hurry to the line. Players gasping for their breath as I look to the bottom of the screen and watch the second tick from 2 down to 1, I snap the ball. My RG pancakes his defender so I cut up into that gap letting the pulling gaurd hit the DE. Out of nowhere a LB dives at my feet from the side. My qb breaks a tackle, puts his hand down and rolls into the endzone with no time on the clock!!!!

The final score was 32-29 UF, I actually felt like I was on the field or in the stands and couod feel the tension, and the relief of pulling that game out..it was unreal.
LOL I'll fix this so it isn't a huge wall of text. Sounds like a crazy game btw.

I've only played one game deemed an Instant Classic, it got a score of 1167. Here's my recap of the game(I'm bad at those but you get the idea): http://www.operationsports.com/ndhus...stant-classic/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 08:29 PM   #22
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

my highest is only a 1763. a 27-25 win as Texas Tech versus Baylor. don't remember that much from that game, but I won it on a last second FG.

the rest of the top 10 are all less than 1,000 points.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-22-2010, 08:35 PM   #23
Rookie

DiSaStAx94's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
My highest game is like a 2172 or something like that. Bad thing is, it wasn't even close to being as exciting as some other ones I've had.

If I could delete it off the list, I would.
I feel kind of like that. The first game on my list was a great game, but the game I felt was my favorite is last on the list with barely 400 points and will be gone once I have 11 instant classics, which is pretty sad.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:31 PM   #24
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

I wonder about the scoring mechanism for classic games as well. I had a game where I was down four with 13 seconds left in the game with 4th and 13 from the 29 yard line. I pump faked right and hit the corner route in the back corner of the endzone on the left side. Didn't even register as an ESPN Classic... hmmm

Then at the end of year one it's me (Louisville) versus #5 Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl. I'm down 31-21 in the 4th and come to win 34-31. That got me a 600 or 700.

Then, to start year one, I'm at Georgia (one of the toughest places to play) and take the lead with just over 2 minutes left. The 'Dawgs drive the field and score a quick touchdown to go up by two with 28 seconds left. I complete back to back 20+ yard passes and run a jet sweep to get in FG range. I run one more dive to put the ball in the middle of the field. I have one timeout left with 3 seconds and the clock ticking down. I keep mashing "select" but nothing is happening. 3 seconds become 2... I keep mashing, nothing happens...2 seconds become 1.... I hurry up and hit "start" and call timeout from there. Quick thinking on my part - if I say so myself. I nail the game winner as time expires. I'm thinking I just nailed an all-time great. The classic score comes up 980ish.

So I assumed 1,000 was as good as it gets. I guess not, geesh at some of your scores.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »