Home

CPU option teams and some spread teams are easier to beat than FCS teams.

This is a discussion on CPU option teams and some spread teams are easier to beat than FCS teams. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 10:33 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: CPU option teams and some spread teams are easier to beat than FCS teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdefreitas
Lol. I have Oregon in my Orange Bowl when I get home tonight, end of year one... this makes me kinda not even wanna play them now. I normally crush the option so I wasn't too scared but still, it's Oregon. Their record in my season is 11 - 1. Guess when the pc sims games Oregon turns into a monster.

I don't know about the FCS thing though. I won my FCS game in week one 70 - 0 and I ran clock the entire second half (every play to 1 on the play clock)with my mass subbed offense. I could have scored probably 85 - 90. I gotta think Oregon's D is better than the FCS D... no?
No doubt there defense is better, but it wasn't an exaggeration at all that the FCS team I played was harder to stop on offense, it truly was.

The way the CPU runs the option literally makes it feels like your playing against a 5 year old.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:59 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
I guess i'm going to try this against the option teams and hope for the best. I played Georgia Tech today and they were terrible. Couldn't run at all against my Rutgers squad. Most plays were for major losses.

Playmakers you just upped the QB awareness? That could turn them into super QB's.
Nope,

That QB has high awareness but his actual passing ratings aren't high so that allowed me to balance his ratings overall

He's not even in the 90's with my ratings

There are ways to manipulate the ratings in this game without inflating them simply because you give a guy a high awarness. All options qb's need high awareness but also need other tweaks make their tendencies in order for them to execute the Option. There are ratings you maximixe for pocket QB's in this game and then there are ratings you maximixe for Mobile QB's if you want them to perform in that type of the Offense.

One QB in the 2nd video John Elway picked up solid yards and he only has 74 speed.....

So it's not the game it's the way EA rates the players in the players in the game that hinders the option offense....Also that was on slow speed not fast so it doesn't really matter what speed your on if their ratings are jacked up and incorporated wrong you can put them on Super Fast and they won't make plays

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-21-2010, 11:05 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 14

I do all QB's hold up on the right stick when running?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 11:08 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
I also noticed that man to man defense will destroy the option to the HB. if you watch the second video posted by playmakers you can clearly see the LB make a bee-line toward the HB, which makes pitching it to him impossible.
that is a high awareness QB with great vision he will just keep the ball tuck it and beat you with his legs....

I have several created QB's like T.Frazier, Dee Dowis and D. Hagan who just tuck the ball and run on you if the pitch isn't there. You see EA rates most of these guys like pocket QB's not Mobile QB's and that's why no one with default rosters will actually get to see the beautiful of the option play by the CPU QB's this year.

Then you can also modify sliders to stop the Human player defenders from being physic on Option plays

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-21-2010, 11:08 PM   #13
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Yeah. Stopping the computer option is just FAR too easy. I held GT to -70 yards as Va Tech, who's D line is awful in the start. Same exact thing as last year. The QB holds on to the ball too many times and gets killed.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 07-21-2010, 11:50 PM   #14
Rookie

seawolves9's Arena

OVR: 7

A lot of it has to do with the way the AI defenders defend the option. It's to perfection. There's hardly ever any mistakes made by the CPU when defending the option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »