Home

The Air Raid Offense

This is a discussion on The Air Raid Offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #33
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: The Air Raid Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
As long as you're a decent passer switching to a spread or Air Raid isn't that hard. In all honesty Air Raid plays are pretty simple. Usually 2 of the pass routes go in the same direction so you can look for openings on both routes at the same time. If you're being pressured Air Raids always have a dumpoff route by the halfback.

Just remember that its a short pass offense. You only have 5 blockers most of the time so you need to throw the ball quickly.
Thank you Blast for helping me! I would like to look more towards the "spread option" which I can stay with the option but, can air it out. Which is the best spread playbook?

I am liking WF and the multiple playbook. Which has some I and wishbone. I like throwing to the HB when I am in trouble. I thinking ethier them two that I listed above or florida.

Any idea's?

Last edited by johntom2000; 07-24-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:18 PM   #34
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntom2000
Thank you Blast for helping me! I would like to look more towards the "spread option" which I can stay with the option but, can air it out. Which is the best spread playbook?

I am liking WF and the multiple playbook. Which has some I and wishbone. I like throwing to the HB when I am in trouble. I thinking ethier them two that I listed above or florida.

Any idea's?
Florida or WVU. I'd go with Florida, but if you're comfortable with Wake forest than use whatever you're best with.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:20 PM   #35
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
Florida or WVU. I'd go with Florida, but if you're comfortable with Wake forest than use whatever you're best with.
Ya I agree with you, I am flirting with the pistol right now but, I am prob. going with florida. Thanks again Blast!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 08:26 PM   #36
Rookie

guru8's Arena

OVR: 6

If you want to be a spread option team, I'd suggest Tulsa or Auburn's Playbook. More versatile than anyone will ever know.
NBA- Phoenix Suns
MLB- Atlanta Braves

'Life is not a sprint, it's a marathon.. you start off fast, and now ya wheezin' in the back" - Jay-Z (2005)
Old 07-24-2010, 09:07 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

If you are looking to get started as a passing team (whether it's Air Raid, Run & Shoot, Spread, One Back, etc.), what I would suggest is the following:

1. Find a playbook and stick with it. The sooner you can become familiar with the formations (and what plays are run from those formations), the better off you're going to be.

2. Pick about 5 or 6 pass plays you like and run them from different formations. It is pointless to try and run every pass play in the playbook. If you pick 5 or 6 plays and run them from 6-7 different formations, you could technically run 30-40 "different" pass plays (that is not including runs and screens)

3. Practice those 5-6 plays over and over. Go to practice mode against a really good defense and select random defense. This will help you get used to running the play vs. different looks (post snap). Here's what teams I use to practice against:

Alabama (3-4, Dime, Dime 3-2)
Texas (4-3)
TCU (4-2-5)
WVU (3-3 Stack)

Playing against the best defense will help you get a feel for timing against the teams that you will really play.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:20 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 22

This may sound dumb, but whats the difference between the Air Raid, and the Spread offenses? Only real difference I see is that the Spread is a bit more option orriented. But they still have the same purpose, that being spread the defense out and wing it.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:25 PM   #39
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Bindel
If you are looking to get started as a passing team (whether it's Air Raid, Run & Shoot, Spread, One Back, etc.), what I would suggest is the following:

1. Find a playbook and stick with it. The sooner you can become familiar with the formations (and what plays are run from those formations), the better off you're going to be.

2. Pick about 5 or 6 pass plays you like and run them from different formations. It is pointless to try and run every pass play in the playbook. If you pick 5 or 6 plays and run them from 6-7 different formations, you could technically run 30-40 "different" pass plays (that is not including runs and screens)

3. Practice those 5-6 plays over and over. Go to practice mode against a really good defense and select random defense. This will help you get used to running the play vs. different looks (post snap). Here's what teams I use to practice against:

Alabama (3-4, Dime, Dime 3-2)
Texas (4-3)
TCU (4-2-5)
WVU (3-3 Stack)

Playing against the best defense will help you get a feel for timing against the teams that you will really play.
Where is this option in practice mode? I've wanted to use it for a while but cant find it.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:29 PM   #40
Rookie

kingoftroy59's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenReign86
This may sound dumb, but whats the difference between the Air Raid, and the Spread offenses? Only real difference I see is that the Spread is a bit more option orriented. But they still have the same purpose, that being spread the defense out and wing it.
Simply put, the spread is much more geared towards running the ball than the air raid. For the former, think Oregon. For the latter, think Texas Tech.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »