Home

Is There In Season Progression?

This is a discussion on Is There In Season Progression? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2010, 10:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Is There In Season Progression?

Maybe I just missed it but I don't think any of my guys progressed at all over the season. My DE won the Lombardi & another award (had like 14 sacks) and at the end of the season only progressed like 3pts.

I guess progression is random since there is no 'Potential' attribute.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 11:12 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Is There In Season Progression?

You know he progressed 3 points....great. Why do people want guys to be jumping 10-15 points in one season. 3 points is realistic
Old 07-22-2010, 11:16 AM   #3
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsu4life86
I guess progression is random since there is no 'Potential' attribute.
The "Potential" attribute is there just hidden from us. It'd be no fun to know exactly how much a guy could progress as soon as he's on the roster.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:42 AM   #4
Rookie

Maxil's Arena

OVR: 2

except mcpheje they could tie it in into how well that player does during the season.

I'm a big NHL player so I'll use that for an example.

In the dynasty mode, you actually set which players train in what.. not specifically, but in certain fields, like athleticism, offense, defense, etc. etc.. After every dynasty game xp points are distributed based on how your players did. Those get put towards what you've assigned for training, and in the "progress reports" screen you can track how they've progressed.

So while you know that certain players could progress a lot faster than others, it still highly depends on how often and how well they're used. If your slot receiver has an A- progression, but is never used, he won't progress much during the season. (maybe a little, and a bit in the off season, while he's young... but this is NCAA so perhaps we should scratch out age as an issue as it is a big one in NHL)

Anyway point being, in NHL there are pretty good rookies out of the gate, but won't progress. (some are good tho) And there are some average/poor rookies, who might progress to be the next MVP over a few seasons.

... I got way off point. I guess I was suggesting they have a "training regimen" you can set, and based on their progress, the positions will raise as you've set. But you want a gauge on their potential so you know who/what to train in.

But the more I've thought about this, in NCAA progression really only lasts about 4 years, but in NHL our dynasty teams has players that sometimes go 10+, so maybe it's all moot...
Old 07-22-2010, 12:11 PM   #5
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25

I haven't looked real close this year to see if it's still there but last year if you went in to view the attributes for a player, you'd see +1 or +2 in () next to certain fields because the player was playing well.

So far this year I've noticed my Impact player has changed on Offense. I don't know when it happened but I noticed it while playing my wk 10 game. I'll have to check tonight whether there's been any increase to his attributes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 12:15 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah also in my 2nd yr i saw one of my impact players on D change but his attributes did not change i do not beleive

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »