Home

I've been holding off getting this game until the 2nd patch, when is it?

This is a discussion on I've been holding off getting this game until the 2nd patch, when is it? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2010, 02:05 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
I've been holding off getting this game until the 2nd patch, when is it?

There are a lot of concerns that I wanted to see if they would be answered. THis game looks a lot better than Madden, and I really want a football game, but refuse to buy because of all the bugs and things that were left out. But if the Bugs are fixed, the game would obviously be improved. Any word on patch 2 and what will be fixed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 02:29 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: I've been holding off getting this game until the 2nd patch, when is it?

That is the million dollar question. Nothing has been said about another patch or any upcoming tuner sets. A little dissapointing if you ask me, especially with no tuner information. The game has been out for almost two weeks and by the time they announce it, it will still be at least a week before it comes out. So at this point if the process holds true, we are at least probably 2 weeks away because they will not announce anything on a Friday.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:35 PM   #3
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by franko3219
That is the million dollar question. Nothing has been said about another patch or any upcoming tuner sets. A little dissapointing if you ask me, especially with no tuner information. The game has been out for almost two weeks and by the time they announce it, it will still be at least a week before it comes out. So at this point if the process holds true, we are at least probably 2 weeks away because they will not announce anything on a Friday.
Dissapointing to pay 60 bucks for a game and have to wait a month for it to be fixed. Did last gen games have these glaring issues, I don't think they did, no patches either.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:36 PM   #4
Im Only Kidding..

King10Sooted's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
Dissapointing to pay 60 bucks for a game and have to wait a month for it to be fixed. Did last gen games have these glaring issues, I don't think they did, no patches either.
What glaring issues do we have exactly?
Old 07-23-2010, 09:41 PM   #5
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by King10Sooted
What glaring issues do we have exactly?
Dynasty mode has about 10 major issues which render the mode unplayable for any extended period. Some actually prevent a user from continuing in a saved dynasty.

There are also a few major gameplay bugs such as the playaction bug.

I'd say those issues fall into the NEED category.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 09:41 PM   #6
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
most games have issues, which is why most games have patches(PC, PS3, 360, whatever system). been that way forever it seems. luckily with these new consoles, you can get patches for them.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-23-2010, 09:47 PM   #7
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
most games have issues, which is why most games have patches(PC, PS3, 360, whatever system). been that way forever it seems. luckily with these new consoles, you can get patches for them.
Have we ever had more than 2 patches on an NCAA next-gen? I faintly recall a developer giving a reason why they were limited to two patches.

If that's the case, then hopefully they wait and spend the time to fix as much as possible. That release date patch scared me for just this reason.... wasted ammo.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:52 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

If I'm not mistaken, this very game had 3 patches last year. I remember because people were so blown away that EA did it on it's own dime.

The third was to fix progression... I know, shocking as it may sound, progression needed to be fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »