Home

Coaching Option

This is a discussion on Coaching Option within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2010, 10:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Coaching Option

I've never been very good at actually running or passing the football in past versions (haven't had a newer version since 2004 on ps2), so I will just coach my team, picking the offense plays and defensive sets, and let the game play.
Is that option available in the new game? If so, what's the thought on how it plays and the learning curve on that?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 10:41 AM   #2
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Coaching Option

Coach Mode isn't a true menu option, but I believe I've come up with something that's 99% of the last gen Coach Mode thanks to a tip from someone over at NCAAStrategies.

Check the sliders section later today and I'll release the sliders/settings/options.

The key is using the new 1-Button mode in the Controls section. This allows you to only worry about snapping the ball and the CPU players do the rest. Even better is that the game plays 10x smoother and players have far more intelligence on 1-Button mode. CPU rushers actually run away from defenders, hit holes, and don't cover the ball every 2 seconds.

Give it a try on Heisman, but understand that the sliders need to be heavily in favor of the CPU defense. The game mode was created to be "easy" compared to the normal gameplay.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:36 AM   #3
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskjackson
I've never been very good at actually running or passing the football in past versions (haven't had a newer version since 2004 on ps2), so I will just coach my team, picking the offense plays and defensive sets, and let the game play.
Is that option available in the new game? If so, what's the thought on how it plays and the learning curve on that?

Thanks
Yes. Go to option and turn on Auto pass.

Then just pick your plays and snap the ball and have fun. I'd find a set of good coach mode sliders first. My player lock slders would probably do the trick if you use the number for when you are not controlling players.
there's some coach mode sliders I beleive in the slider forum.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-23-2010, 04:59 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thanks for the info! I just like to play a game now and then, not real big into the recruiting or some of that type of stuff available in the game. I like to just coach my team and let the guys abilities take over...hopefully.

I just got a ps3 earlier in the summer and the only game I have so far is MLB10 THE SHOW. We really do like the blueray play ability as well for movies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »