Home

Starting RB Disappearing

This is a discussion on Starting RB Disappearing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2010, 04:03 PM   #9
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Starting RB Disappearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Attack 11
So it is broken?
From my experience(and others) yes.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:07 PM   #10
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wd417
Yea I had ramped up the RB sub out/in thing so that both would get some carries early on up to like 84/95. Would this make my starting RB disappear, like if his fatigue level never got back above 95 due to wear and tear from the first half? Then he wouldn't ever be able to come back in according to my settings, correct? If so, thats an easy fix, thanks for the help guys

The leading theory is that you have your sub-in set too high with those settings. At 95, your starting back never gets back above that level of stamina after a certain point in the game, so he never returns.

You don't have to leave the subs at default, I have adjusted mine a bit, but cannot recall them off hand. You just can't have the sub in be so high that the player stays fatigued below that level.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:15 PM   #11
Rookie

BIG17EASY's Arena

OVR: 4

Hmm, this is interesting, but kind of makes sense. After a couple tackles or hard hits, it could be argued that a player never returns to 100 percent stamina in real life. I'll buy that theory.

On an unrelated note, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who couldn't run with Shaun Draughn against LSU or Georgia Tech. I'm 0-2 because I just couldn't run the ball at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 04:20 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 15

So...with autosubs, the Sub Out number is the lower stamina threshold for the current play who is in the game--when he falls below this number or whatever, the game autosubs him out?

And the Sub In number is the stamina threshold for which that starting player has to recover back to in order to return to the field?

So, the higher Sub Out I have, the more likely my RB is to be subbed out, but the LOWER Sub In I have, the less time he spends on the bench before coming back in?
Old 07-23-2010, 04:23 PM   #13
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
So...with autosubs, the Sub Out number is the lower stamina threshold for the current play who is in the game--when he falls below this number or whatever, the game autosubs him out?

And the Sub In number is the stamina threshold for which that starting player has to recover back to in order to return to the field?

So, the higher Sub Out I have, the more likely my RB is to be subbed out, but the LOWER Sub In I have, the less time he spends on the bench before coming back in?

Correct!

(Extra text for message length)
Old 07-23-2010, 04:44 PM   #14
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

If I have my RB subs set at 90/89 , he subs out under 90 and comes in at 89. This usually gives the other RB 1 or 2 carries before the first RB is subbed back in.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:46 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Diesel
If I have my RB subs set at 90/89 , he subs out under 90 and comes in at 89. This usually gives the other RB 1 or 2 carries before the first RB is subbed back in.
How many carries does the starter get before the first time the second guy comes in?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 04:52 PM   #16
L*st M*n R*nn*ng

Blaise's Arena

OVR: 14

I've been having the same problem and figured auto subs was the issue. Good to know this was confirmed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »