Home

Progression, WR's past 2015, etc

This is a discussion on Progression, WR's past 2015, etc within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2010, 04:49 PM   #41
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Progression, WR's past 2015, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy14fan
Over on the EA boards
Do you have a link?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 04:51 PM   #42
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by King10Sooted
I just hope they dont over-correct it and make it worse. I really dont want 100 A+ schools.
I understand the concern, considering the Polar leap progression has made from last year, but i think that they'll find a balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy14fan
Over on the EA boards
Can you hook us up with a link?

Honestly i hope they're not tweaking progression, but increasing the value's of incoming recruits, mostly 1-3* and maybe 4* as well, a lot of 4* come in rated terrible. If they do that, it will work out just fine.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-24-2010, 04:52 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Do you have a link?
I will try to find it.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:54 PM   #44
Rookie

TheRunningMan's Arena

OVR: 0

Even though we surface all the issues with this game, I think we love to play it and like it which is why we want it to be fixed instead of just giving up and hoping for Madden to come out.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:56 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 20

Progression is not really the issue for the most part. If they simply raised the floor for where 1* and 2* recruits come in along with some of the 3* recruits that would solve most of the issue. Really I think there are three things they could do without overdoing it.

1. Raise the mimimum ratings for 1* and 2* recruits.

2. Decrease the number of 1* recruits significantly and add more 2* recruits. Have the lower teams target mainly the 2* recruits. If you look at the recruiting rankings in real life even the terrible teams classes are made up of mainly 2* players. There are very few 1* or not ranked players.

3. Make the awareness for certain positions higher. Awareness should also increase more year to year than it does now.

I am pretty certain they could address the issue without overdoing it. The solutions suggested in this thread are a good start. Of course, they have had a tendency in the past of overdoing things, so I understand why some are concerned about that.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 07-24-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 05:07 PM   #46
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
2. Decrease the number of 1* recruits significantly and add more 2* recruits. Have the lower teams target mainly the 2* recruits. If you look at the recruiting rankings in real life even the terrible teams classes are made up of mainly 2* players. There are very few 1* or not ranked players.
This would significantly help. I never understood why half of their recruiting class database consisted of 1 star prospects. The only reason half of the real world recruiting databases (Scouts, Rivals, etc) consists of so many 1 star talents is because these players will eventually end up at FCS, D-II, and D-III schools. Since they are developing a D-1 FBS game, there should be far more 2-star and 3-star players.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:13 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 10

can we get some verification that a patch is coming for progression? if they are changing it i'd rather not keep playing in my dynasty as im only 2 games in.. would be a total waste if they're just going to change progression
Old 07-24-2010, 05:15 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
This would significantly help. I never understood why half of their recruiting class database consisted of 1 star prospects. The only reason half of the real world recruiting databases (Scouts, Rivals, etc) consists of so many 1 star talents is because these players will eventually end up at FCS, D-II, and D-III schools. Since they are developing a D-1 FBS game, there should be far more 2-star and 3-star players.
Yep. Heck even if you look at teams like Arkansas State or Army for example almost their entire classes are made up of 2* players with one or two 3* mixed in.

Like you said 1* players in all likelihood do not end up playing at the D1 level.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 07-24-2010 at 05:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »