Home

Is anyone using sliders this year?

This is a discussion on Is anyone using sliders this year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2010, 10:41 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Is anyone using sliders this year?

Just curious to see how many of you are getting good, realistic experiences in terms of it being difficult to beat big schools with a smaller one or getting close games against 2 evenly matched schools on the default levels.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 10:44 PM   #2
Im Only Kidding..

King10Sooted's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Is anyone using sliders this year?

I am using a tweaked version of SN's sliders. They are working really good for me.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:01 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by King10Sooted
I am using a tweaked version of SN's sliders. They are working really good for me.
Have you been using them in a dynasty? If so what team are you using and have you had a tough time beating better schools?

The whole reason I started this thread is because in my (formerly) Nevada dynasty I got a job offer from Oklahoma, who struggled the year before, and I took it. They aren't a bad team by any means but I just beat #11 Texas (3-1) 35-10 and I was hoping it was going to be a much closer game. Texas was a B+ in all 3 categories while I was a B in 2 of them and B+ in defense. Their QB who is a candidate to win the Heisman had a pretty bad game throwing 2 picks and barely completing half of his passes.

I could just be looking too much into things and I know not every game with evenly matched teams is always a close game but I'm just hoping I don't cruise to a top record or NC in my 1st year with Oklahoma.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:17 PM   #4
MVP

Default AA sliders are too easy for me, for the most part. Heisman is stupid IMO, does everything to make you lose. Not them win, but you lose.

I'm definitely gonna use sliders.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:23 PM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

If you have played this game at all in the past you have to have some sliders unless you just stink at football games. I suck at anything other then sports games. For myself I have been using SN's with my own personal tweaks. I had to restart my dynasty due to the lack of knowledge about the recruits this year. I played my first dynasty with UGA and canes sliders (found in slider section). They gave me a good game at first but became to easy toward the end. My new dynasty still using UGA I'm 2-2. I had to make some personal changes after my 2 loses. Got held to zero points, never happened in 12 years playing NCAA football. For me default any level is way to easy and I can run the score up. The best thing I could tell you is try out a set then make your own tweaks. Everyone plays different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 11:30 PM   #6
Im Only Kidding..

King10Sooted's Arena

SN's sliders work great. They make games challenging, but still fun. I went 10-3 with Syracuse using a slightly easier version of them. But I have been adjusting them as I have been getting better at the game. I think they are a really good base set though to use.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:46 PM   #7
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I'm using my own on Heisman after some testing.

Personally I feel like Heisman is perfect this year.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 07-24-2010, 11:48 PM   #8
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

OVR: 12

Yep SN's final sliders are legit. I've been using them for a while and I beat the teams I should and lose to the teams I should.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »