Home

Quitting against the CPU in Online Dynasty

This is a discussion on Quitting against the CPU in Online Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2010, 04:32 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
Quitting against the CPU in Online Dynasty

If a player in my Online Dynasty quits in the middle of the game against the CPU, is there any way for me to know this? What is to stop someone from restarting the game until they win?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 05:13 AM   #2
Rookie

milehighmagic303's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Quitting against the CPU in Online Dynasty

In the online dynasty that I was in, after the user finished their game, it would show the score then how many times they restarted if they did. I don't know how to stop it though
Old 07-25-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

I am a commish and yeah, if someone restarts a game it will tell you under the score if it was restarted and how many times, actually I think everyone can see it. You need to be clear with people about the rules of how the dynasty is going to be run. People come up with all kinds of excuses to say they had to restart. Basically its all BS. Even if you lose connection during a game vs the cpu it doesnt matter. To get into the dynasty you are online, you download the start of the game and start playing, at this point its like playing exhibition offline. So if you lose your internet connnection in the 2nd qt all you have to do is reconnect using the PS button (ps3) before the end of the game so you can upload the game results.

As commish you can throw out the game if they restarted or you can come up with your own rules in your dynasty. My buddies and I had a huge debate last year about this and we came to the conclusion that for any reason if the game is restarted the game is either thrown out and you need to just play to lose it or sim while in game to lose it to speed up the process or they have to lose their next game. People come up with such BS stuff of why they restarted. Another thing, a rule of thumb is if you cant start and finish the game then don't play it now. Do it at a time you know you can. Its amazing the power outages across the US at the most oppurtune times.... Again though if you are in a major storm... dont play until its over. Dont start what you may not be able to finish.....

Last edited by Cito2009; 07-25-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:19 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

I would like to point out that in NCAA 11, if the game says "Restarted 2 times," it really means "Started 2 times."

Generally speaking, in any online dynasty I've played in, if you quit and restart, your result gets thrown out and you just take the simmed result.

I will say this though, in the online dynasty I am in, one of the players has had the game freeze up on him often times during the loading screen going in to the game. His box freezes before he has even done the coin flip, he turns it off, goes back in, and tries again, and it will say he restarted.

Now, usually I'm in an XBox Live party with him when he's about to play a game, so I can easily check and see that his status doesn't even say "1st quarter, 0-0" yet or whatever. Not to mention, I've actually been at his house and seen this first hand.

So I don't throw out his results when I see that he "restarted," but it's a different scenario, where I know the guy personally and it's not some random over the Internet.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:28 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
I would like to point out that in NCAA 11, if the game says "Restarted 2 times," it really means "Started 2 times."

Generally speaking, in any online dynasty I've played in, if you quit and restart, your result gets thrown out and you just take the simmed result.

I will say this though, in the online dynasty I am in, one of the players has had the game freeze up on him often times during the loading screen going in to the game. His box freezes before he has even done the coin flip, he turns it off, goes back in, and tries again, and it will say he restarted.

Now, usually I'm in an XBox Live party with him when he's about to play a game, so I can easily check and see that his status doesn't even say "1st quarter, 0-0" yet or whatever. Not to mention, I've actually been at his house and seen this first hand.

So I don't throw out his results when I see that he "restarted," but it's a different scenario, where I know the guy personally and it's not some random over the Internet.

Well yea in that situation and there is a way to prove it, that helps. PS3 you can only see what game someone is playing not the qt and score. I wish that you could though. That is true i think about it saying restarted 2 times actually, they started the game twice but restarted one time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 12:58 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito2009
I am a commish and yeah, if someone restarts a game it will tell you under the score if it was restarted and how many times, actually I think everyone can see it. You need to be clear with people about the rules of how the dynasty is going to be run. People come up with all kinds of excuses to say they had to restart. Basically its all BS. Even if you lose connection during a game vs the cpu it doesnt matter. To get into the dynasty you are online, you download the start of the game and start playing, at this point its like playing exhibition offline. So if you lose your internet connnection in the 2nd qt all you have to do is reconnect using the PS button (ps3) before the end of the game so you can upload the game results.
I don't know if the XBox has a similar "reconnect to upload results" button (since I haven't been disconnected yet). But I intend to take a very firm stance on this. If I see a restart, the game goes down as a loss. Period. Doesn't matter if you claim you were up 55-0 with 2 seconds left. The reason being there is really no way to prove why you got disconnected or what the score was UNLESS I happen to be online checking my friends status page and witness it.

I just didn't realize there was a "restarts" stat. Now I know and I shall act accordingly. Thanks for the input and advice. I shall make this clear to the members (even though it is in the bylaws) so there is no confusion.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:10 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryofax
I don't know if the XBox has a similar "reconnect to upload results" button (since I haven't been disconnected yet). But I intend to take a very firm stance on this. If I see a restart, the game goes down as a loss. Period. Doesn't matter if you claim you were up 55-0 with 2 seconds left. The reason being there is really no way to prove why you got disconnected or what the score was UNLESS I happen to be online checking my friends status page and witness it.

I just didn't realize there was a "restarts" stat. Now I know and I shall act accordingly. Thanks for the input and advice. I shall make this clear to the members (even though it is in the bylaws) so there is no confusion.
You say that but if your culprit is a powerhouse facing off against a mid-major you could be simming for a couple of hours in some cases to try to find that loss. It could also coming down to the player ACTUALLY losing connection because of EA's horrid servers against an even lower rated team. I hope you have fun enforcing that one.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:11 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryofax
I don't know if the XBox has a similar "reconnect to upload results" button (since I haven't been disconnected yet).
It does. Disconnecting from XBox live doesn't end your game (although logging out of your profile might). You can push the xbox button and reconnect to xbox live at the end of your game.

Also, even if the EA servers are down, you can leave your Xbox on and in the post-game menu and just keep retrying and retrying and retrying to upload the game result until the servers come back up.

For what it's worth, you can't force a loss. You can only clear the result and force a sim which is 50/50.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »