Home

CPU passes short far too often?

This is a discussion on CPU passes short far too often? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2010, 05:24 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
CPU passes short far too often?

Does anyone have a setting that the cpu throw deep 5-10 times a game over the 1 time im currently seeing? I sick of all these short passes. I play SS and sometimes I play cover 2 and let the wr beat me deep and still the cpu throw short. Its insane! Maybe its the All American level. I would prefer to play on Heisman but the guys in my OD want AA so I need to find a setting for it.

Wondering if I raise there QB ACC if it will fix the problem of just make them connect more on the short passes hmmmmm......?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: CPU passes short far too often?

this game definitely throws deep, quite often actually. I think it's somewhat tied in with their QB ACC, but I'm not sure. It might also depend on who you're playing against and their QB.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:36 PM   #3
Pro

Im Notre Dame and not one team on there schedule (including my bowl game vs Oklahoma) threw the ball deep more than 1-2 times a game (All-American) Its mostly short passes to the TE or Crossing routs.

And even the deeper passes are from the qb having time and the wr's go deep then comeback and are wide open. I never see a qb just stand in the pocket after there normal dropback and throw it deep. When I do see it, its usually a broken play.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:37 PM   #4
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

I play with D-line and linebackers on AA, and I feel that the CPU in fact throws deep WAYYY too often. And not only throwing deep, but throwing crappy jump balls into OBVIOUS double coverage. I'd have half a million interceptions with default sliders
Old 07-25-2010, 05:39 PM   #5
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

let me add, that you might need to lower the Human pass coverage slider, so that the CPU receivers can get some separation and/or lower(-) the speed threshold.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 05:40 PM   #6
Pro

blakty's Arena

OVR: 6

Lol @ thread title "passes short far too often"
Old 07-25-2010, 05:40 PM   #7
Pro

Maybe its cause im controlling the SS ? Its a created player but only 80OVR 88spd 90acc nothing dominant. Its weird cause like I said before I leave my zone alot to come up for run and they seem to never make me pay for it.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:13 PM   #8
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

I wish they didn't throw so damn deep. My damn secondary with Cincinnati has gotten burned WAY too many times.

And I do not sick at this game. No, last year the deep ball was in short supply. I have not seen this problem this year.

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »