Home

Really hate the recruiting now

This is a discussion on Really hate the recruiting now within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2010, 06:40 PM   #57
Pro

C_Bailey24's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Really hate the recruiting now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull
the problem with the lotto system is that it makes 0 sense, why would a guy who doesn't care about a pitch (LEAST/LOW) keep wanting to talk about it?
This is the thing that i most dislike about recruiting but with that said i still enjoy this part of the game. My theory on this is that it's part of EA's way of implementing "difficulty" in recruiting because it seems like only the guys who i really want and who may be a slight reach, not a big one, constantly wanna talk about stuff with low and very low interest. For example i'll have a 3* WR who has A speed and B+ acc and C's and B's in all the right category and i may start out -100 or less at the begginning. 4 weeks later the top school or a school behind me will pass me and i'll be -380 down all because i keep getting ****ty pitches every week. During the calls i'll skip it and maybe invite for a visit or make a promise in place of that topic but i'll be damned if that topic doesn't come right back up in the next two choices. That's not a coincidence.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I love how you can negatively affect other schools. Sometimes when it's a close race but i'm out of it and I see Michigan in the race with another school I will just do my best to tear Michigan down so they won't get the recruit, LMAO!
That's what I've been doing in my online dynasties. I find guys that other users are going hard on and just negatively recruit against them. I love seeing the next week that they've fallen a spot or the other team gets the commitment, gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:49 PM   #59
Banned

dreezymac's Arena

OVR: 11

I actually love the new recruiting format. Not only have they added structure to your call, you can take note of progress and the amount of time stays uniform to what you choose...no more lost minutes or huge jumps in time.

The focus placed on prestige in regards to players interested and number of commits plays its part but makes no real difference when you have a good strategy...and keep winning of course. In week 5 of my OD, I have 5 commits with 4* UNC while guys in the OD with 6* schools like LSU, USC and Penn State only have btw 1-3.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:57 PM   #60
Banned

dreezymac's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
the problem with the lotto system is that it makes 0 sense, why would a guy who doesn't care about a pitch (LEAST/LOW) keep wanting to talk about it?
Thats my only issue with the new recruiting style. Seems like you skip a low pitch only for it to quickly come back around. Also, unless someone has seen different, it seems that a pitch will stay unknown no matter how many times you hard pitch. It only shows you his interest when you specifically ask him.

Quote:
school prestige is too easy to get to 4* and it's too easy to fall to 4*

all it takes to get to 4* is 3 or 4 winning seasons, then i've seen FSU win the NC and they stay at 4*

then a 5* team goes 7-5 (OMG!) and they drop to 4*

once a sun belt school is 4* they dominate recruiting because it's so easy to win and the #1 factor in recruiting is winning
3 or 4 winning seasons seems fair enough to me for a prestige upgrade. In '10 all it took to move up a star in prestige was win a major bowl.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:01 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

i stick to varsity. sure its way too easy but at least i dont get upset playing the game. Thats when its just not fun anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 08:26 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreezymac
Thats my only issue with the new recruiting style. Seems like you skip a low pitch only for it to quickly come back around. Also, unless someone has seen different, it seems that a pitch will stay unknown no matter how many times you hard pitch. It only shows you his interest when you specifically ask him.

3 or 4 winning seasons seems fair enough to me for a prestige upgrade. In '10 all it took to move up a star in prestige was win a major bowl.
1* to 4* in 3 seasons by dominating the WAC? that's silly
Old 07-26-2010, 09:31 PM   #63
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Couldn't find an appropriate thread for this question.

When you promise a player significant minutes what exactly constitutes "significant".

Number of downs?

Number of starts?

Registered stat line?

Basically what exactly fulfills the promise?
Old 07-26-2010, 09:38 PM   #64
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Yea its very arbitrary and of course, there' sno help in the game to tell you how much time you should consider putting in. For me, I don't promise that unless I know they will be a starter (like in the case of Oregon, a center that I recruit to replace the two seniors that are leaving).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »