Home

This is why I hate online

This is a discussion on This is why I hate online within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2010, 01:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
This is why I hate online

I was SMU and my opponet was Maimi. It was towards the end of the 3rd qtr and it was 3rd and long for miami. I was winning by 10 so if I could stop him here it would most likely be over. I blitz and it would have worked but he scrambles backwards 20 yards to avoid the blitz and still throws a bullet right on target. Its impossible to stop fast QBs when they can just run back like that to avoid the pass rush and can still throw perfect passes. Unfortunately SMU has a slow white guy at a QB so I couldn't cheese like that.

I threw 6th interceptions this game. That might seem like alot but it isnt when you got psychic corners. I end up down by 3 points with 2 mins left in the game. Im on the 30 yard line going in. Its 3rd down and 10. I got my reciever running a curl route. I notice im in man coverage so I know I got the first down. My reciever starts his route then the corner turns his back thats when I know for sure I got this. I throw the ball just before my reciever is about to come back but the corner uses the magic eye balls in his has to see that and he made the cut before my reciever and picked the ball to seal the game. Normaly I play offline so I turn the pass coverage sliders down so the corners arent so damn cheap but online this pisses me off.

On a side note is it just me or do the runners break a ****load of tackles online? I swear Miamis running back broke 10 or more tackles.

sorry I need to rant that game was pissing me off.:brick wall
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 01:45 AM   #2
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: This is why I hate online

You just have to learn that curls, outs, posts, flags, and corners routes are unplayable against man. Yeah, its stupid but we have to deal with it and just not throw those passes.

Now the scrambling does tick me off. I've had that happen several times before. What I do now is call a corner blitz and hot route the DE on the opposite side to contain. This way you get pressure and prevent the scramble. If he scrambles backwards it will not give him any more space or time because the corner can run step for step with him.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:51 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherFan
I threw 6th interceptions this game. That might seem like alot but it isnt when you got psychic corners.
It's still a lot. And if you threw 6 picks and were up by 10 with a good chance to win, then I guess his cheese can't be that moldy.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:52 AM   #4
Rookie

kingoftroy59's Arena

OVR: 1

Six interceptions is a lot regardless of the ability of the corners, because it means that you're making poor reads and throwing into coverage (especially in the Run and Shoot, which is designed to have receivers going to where the D isnt). Just be more patient with the ball, and throw it away if nothing is there.

Curls are just a risky route to run against man coverage to begin with, because they will never be open unless your receiver can sell the fade well enough to create separation from the corner, and then plant on a dime and swing his hips around before the DB can recover. Unfortunately, when you're dealing with a speed disparity like that of the U and SMU, that's an unlikely situation. When did you release the ball on that play? Did you wait for him to turn around, or did you let it go while his back was still turned? If you waited, it's even more understandable that the DB recovered.

As for the broken tackle thing, that has more to do with the matchup than anything. Graig Cooper has one of the highest breaktackle ratings in the game at the halfback position, so it's no surprise that he's running over SMU defenders.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:58 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftroy59
Six interceptions is a lot regardless of the ability of the corners, because it means that you're making poor reads and throwing into coverage (especially in the Run and Shoot, which is designed to have receivers going to where the D isnt). Just be more patient with the ball, and throw it away if nothing is there.

Curls are just a risky route to run against man coverage to begin with, because they will never be open unless your receiver can sell the fade well enough to create separation from the corner, and then plant on a dime and swing his hips around before the DB can recover. Unfortunately, when you're dealing with a speed disparity like that of the U and SMU, that's an unlikely situation. When did you release the ball on that play? Did you wait for him to turn around, or did you let it go while his back was still turned? If you waited, it's even more understandable that the DB recovered.

As for the broken tackle thing, that has more to do with the matchup than anything. Graig Cooper has one of the highest breaktackle ratings in the game at the halfback position, so it's no surprise that he's running over SMU defenders.
I threw the ball just before the my reciver was about to make his cut so he had his back turned to me. The corner also had his back turned to me but somehow made the cut before my receiver. Thats probably the reason I threw so many picks becuase I changed the sliders offline so the corners arent so cheap plus my receivers couldn't get separation against Miami corners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 11:07 AM   #6
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Once again, EA supposedly countered the unrealistic drop back some years ago by killing the QB's ability to throw accurately or deeply enough if the QB went back more than so many yards - as I can recall.

Another example of put it in one year, lose it the next???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »