Home

IS RUNNING A 4-4 SPLIT CHEESING ???

This is a discussion on IS RUNNING A 4-4 SPLIT CHEESING ??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: IS RUNNING A 4-4 SPLIT CHEESING ???
YES 27 36.00%
NO 48 64.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2010, 01:39 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: IS RUNNING A 4-4 SPLIT CHEESING ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
No, but using Comic Sans MS is cheesing. And because you said your High School is "Cheesier," I'm going to vote Yes, just to disrupt this unanimous poll.
You're my new favorite poster here.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:46 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

not cheesing
Old 07-27-2010, 02:36 AM   #35
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

It would strike me that most any passing play in some sort of spread formation could get around this defense easily.

Not cheese, though admittedly I don't play online that much and I suppose some collection of the "my life is defined by my online rank" crowd may have found an exploit in the formation that A) he was fearful of you employing, and B) I don't want to know about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 03:26 AM   #36
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

OP are you talking about the 4-2-5? In my first post I thought you just meant the regular 4-4 with 4 LBs, 4 DL and 3 DBs. That 4-2-5 is a whole different story. I'm not going to say it is cheese, but everyone I've played who uses this as a base defense was a cheeser.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:35 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
OP are you talking about the 4-2-5? In my first post I thought you just meant the regular 4-4 with 4 LBs, 4 DL and 3 DBs. That 4-2-5 is a whole different story. I'm not going to say it is cheese, but everyone I've played who uses this as a base defense was a cheeser.
Okay, so I'm a bit drunk at the moment, but help me out here ...

Thread is about the 4-4 ...

You say, "Do you mean the 4-2-5?"

Is that, or is that not, like someone else starting a thread about the 3-3-5 and me coming in and saying, "Do you mean the 3-4?"

Old 07-27-2010, 06:34 AM   #38
Pro

sycodmn's Arena

OVR: 5

Playing in SoCal, we played the 4-4, and it was pretty successful against the pass. Played in a mostly passing league, but only allowed one passing TD all season.

Of course, we were pretty undersized (I was the second biggest starter at 6'0" 225, and there was a pretty big drop-off after me), so we got gashed on the run a lot. Especially since we had people playing out of position/not to their skills (for example, myself, a natural pass rushing lineman being asked to take up blockers instead, something I wasn't as good at).

Its an alright defense, and I'm sure it would work on the college level with the right personnel, as anything, but IRL you'd probably be better off running something more common.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:25 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 4

I run a 4-4 two or three times a game against a goal line formation. I always have safety talent but have trouble with recruiting CB's. In the past two years of my dynasty I've been ranked in the 20's in pass defense because my out-of-conference teams are usually spread. I play with Arkansas so a 4-3 defense is average against the run and pass. I ran a 6-2 one time in middle school . But a 4-4 would only work against teams like Wisconsin, Georgia Tech, Navy, Army, or teams that run a I-Form or flex bone as the primary offense. If even that because Nesbitt and Dobbs are a good adversary when ever they use those vertical play action passes.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:18 AM   #40
Rookie

oklahoma19's Arena

OVR: 3

Meh. Perhaps I am biased. But Oklahoma high school football is pretty good. Jenks and Tulsa Union are both consistently in the top 15 nationally, and in the 90s Midwest City was number 1 for 2 years in a row I believe. Sure, our teams arent on the same level as Texas/ Cali because those states have a lot higher population but Oklahoma high school football is still better than majority of the nation. Much better than Pennsylvania..

And Oklahoma wins the Oil Bowl (Oklahoma vs texas all star game) all the time. So its not because there arent any players in the state.

But real cute acting tough . And I have seen Jenks and Union play on ESPN before. Guess you missed it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »