Home

All you need to know about progression being broken

This is a discussion on All you need to know about progression being broken within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 06:44 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: All you need to know about progression being broken

Even with all its problems, i love the game and wont stop my dynasty. Ill just start another one if they patch it.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:58 AM   #18
We had subs. It was crazy

MBFranchise's Arena

OVR: 9

If you are winning Rose Bowls and National Championships who cares what LetterGrade your team has?
Old 07-27-2010, 09:18 AM   #19
Rookie

Michgantown's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBFranchise
If you are winning Rose Bowls and National Championships who cares what LetterGrade your team has?
Did you listen to what other people said?
Old 07-27-2010, 09:23 AM   #20
We had subs. It was crazy

MBFranchise's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michgantown
Did you listen to what other people said?
Right, if awareness is low across the board, it lowers it for everyone so it is still a level playing field.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:58 AM   #21
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBFranchise
Right, if awareness is low across the board, it lowers it for everyone so it is still a level playing field.
You are all missing three major points.

#1: The NCAA simulation engine DOES NOT WORK ON A RELATIVE BASIS. The simulation engine determines simmed game statistics for positions such as QB, WR, and K based on absolute key positional ratings (OVR, AWR, CTH, KPW, KAC, etc.). These ratings are essentially broken later in dynasty mode. Therefore, the simulation engine does not compensate for the lower ratings across the board and lowers the statistical output of every player with poor ratings.

#2: The NCAA gameplay engine DOES NOT "always" WORK ON A RELATIVE BASIS. CPU controlled players with poor AWR simply do not perform intelligently on the field at most positions. This is simple to test... go create a team of all 99 AWR and watch them perform like professional football players and then go create a team of all 50 AWR players and watch them play like Pop Warner players. QB's in this game live and die by AWR. WR's without skill ratings are less useful than CB's. LB's without AWR will cost defenses points on a consistent basis. The only situations where gameplay plays out on a relative basis are 1-on-1 matchups such as OL/DL, WR/CB, and in tackling situations.

#3: The FCS teams do not regress. They eventually catch up in talent with the D-1 FBS schools and in some cases become more talented. Why? Because their players were created by the roster makers and actually have AWR and skill ratings. Can anyone really sit there with a straight face and claim that "everything's alright because everyone has the problem" while quality FBS schools are being trounced by FCS schools?

Simply claiming that "it's a level playing field" ignores all of the above. It also reeks of complacency. There is a problem with dynasty mode and we have at least one more patch to get this addressed. We don't "have to work with this". I can't speak for others, but if EA came out and said that they would not address this in a patch then I'd be selling my copy of the game immediately. Dynasty mode is the only reason that some people buy this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 10:43 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 25

I am in year 3 of my Baylor/Cinncinnati dynasty and i am seeing recruits come in with decent awareness ranging from 55-88 thru nationwide recruits. Tenn got a Qb with 87 Awr and 93 Spd 88 Acc as a 4*.....I am using varsity recruiting (never noticed how to change it lol), dont know if that matters.

As far as the Low Rated Kickers...How about upping the sliders for the CPU K/P...Anyone try that?

Last edited by SA1NT401; 07-27-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:47 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
You are all missing three major points.

#1: The NCAA simulation engine DOES NOT WORK ON A RELATIVE BASIS. The simulation engine determines simmed game statistics for positions such as QB, WR, and K based on absolute key positional ratings (OVR, AWR, CTH, KPW, KAC, etc.). These ratings are essentially broken later in dynasty mode. Therefore, the simulation engine does not compensate for the lower ratings across the board and lowers the statistical output of every player with poor ratings.

#2: The NCAA gameplay engine DOES NOT "always" WORK ON A RELATIVE BASIS. CPU controlled players with poor AWR simply do not perform intelligently on the field at most positions. This is simple to test... go create a team of all 99 AWR and watch them perform like professional football players and then go create a team of all 50 AWR players and watch them play like Pop Warner players. QB's in this game live and die by AWR. WR's without skill ratings are less useful than CB's. LB's without AWR will cost defenses points on a consistent basis. The only situations where gameplay plays out on a relative basis are 1-on-1 matchups such as OL/DL, WR/CB, and in tackling situations.

#3: The FCS teams do not regress. They eventually catch up in talent with the D-1 FBS schools and in some cases become more talented. Why? Because their players were created by the roster makers and actually have AWR and skill ratings. Can anyone really sit there with a straight face and claim that "everything's alright because everyone has the problem" while quality FBS schools are being trounced by FCS schools?

Simply claiming that "it's a level playing field" ignores all of the above. It also reeks of complacency. There is a problem with dynasty mode and we have at least one more patch to get this addressed. We don't "have to work with this". I can't speak for others, but if EA came out and said that they would not address this in a patch then I'd be selling my copy of the game immediately. Dynasty mode is the only reason that some people buy this game.
Sir, I applaud you.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:01 AM   #24
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6

THE INITIAL ROSTERS ARE OVERRATED! I believe that the game play is more realistic in the dynasty farther down the road.

We all play the game differently and will have different expectations. The awareness issue does not seem to be a major factor for me, as SAINT mentioned earlier he saw TENN had recruited a QB with high awareness and I have seen this as well. I also play on AA, so I'm not sure if AWR plays a larger factor on Heisman.

The one issue I would like to see dealt with is CPU teams not recruiting for need and ending up with 10 QBs and 3 LBs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »