Home

Recruiting Help Please!

This is a discussion on Recruiting Help Please! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 02:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Recruiting Help Please!

I'm Texas i'm playing on heisman and my recruiting difficulty is set on heisman...i can only land 5 recruits a year! please help..strategies?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 02:42 AM   #2
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Recruiting Help Please!

The first thing that comes to mind is turn the difficulty down. Other than than, I'd say keep around 15 recruits on your board at time, so you can give them maximum attention. And also only go after guys, that you're around 5th or higher in their interest.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-27-2010, 02:43 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

The key to recruiting in this year's game is limiting the number of players you put on your Recruiting Board. In the past, you could fill your board with 30-35 of the best players and land 18-22 of them pretty easily. In this game, you should do between 18-25 and give each of them more time (30-50 minutes each preferably).

This game really puts an emphasis on how much time you spend with each recruit.

Another good tactic is to look at how much time competing teams are spending with the players you are going after by viewing the "Recruit Report" screen which shows how much time a team spent with a specific player the previous week.

Matching or exceeding your opponents' time is helpful.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:11 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

thanks guys, does anyone else have any tips?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
Old 07-27-2010, 07:15 AM   #5
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Keep an eye on the overall interest of your team as well as the teams above you. You may be third, but could be more than 400 points behind the 1st place team. This would be a lost cause. Or you could be 8th and only be 200 behind and this is doable. Keep an eye more on the points behind the leader and where the meter is for the top team to see how much time you have to make up the gap.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 07:23 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ive seen a lot of talk about keeping only 15-20 players on the board because having any more would spread your points out.

I dont see the problem with putting all 35 on though. I have had more success with filling the board out.

Just because you have 35 people on it doesnt mean you have to call all of them. You can still just call your main 10, 15 whatever people and not call the rest.

Just by having people on the board you gain points though so it seems like there is ABSOLUTELY no reason to not have it full unless you are just lazy and dont want to try and figure out which people you need to call

Ive moved from peoples 10th pick to 1 by doing no calls at all. Just having them on the board show them you are interested and if no one else is then you are winning by doing nothing.

Last edited by andicesharks; 07-27-2010 at 07:27 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:26 AM   #7
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

You need to get use to the fact that you are gonna have to sign some 3* guys. Also know when to give up on a player.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:47 AM   #8
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by andicesharks
Ive seen a lot of talk about keeping only 15-20 players on the board because having any more would spread your points out.

I dont see the problem with putting all 35 on though. I have had more success with filling the board out.

Just because you have 35 people on it doesnt mean you have to call all of them. You can still just call your main 10, 15 whatever people and not call the rest.

Just by having people on the board you gain points though so it seems like there is ABSOLUTELY no reason to not have it full unless you are just lazy and dont want to try and figure out which people you need to call

Ive moved from peoples 10th pick to 1 by doing no calls at all. Just having them on the board show them you are interested and if no one else is then you are winning by doing nothing.
Yep, starting off with a full board is definitely the way to go. Its even better when you put guys at the bottom who already have you at number one. As the weeks go by some of those guys will be heavily targeted and you will drop too far behind to recover and you'll need to replace them with another player, but a lot of those guys will keep you at number one for at least half the season with basically no contact.

This is where you get the players that probably won't be quality contributors until their RS sophomore or junior season, but they add depth to your roster.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »