Home

Kansas State

This is a discussion on Kansas State within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Kansas State

Playing my first year in my Husker Dynasty, so the schedule goes like this:

Western Kentucky
Idaho
Washington
S. Dakota St.

K.State
etc....

You can imagine, i had my way with 3 of the first 4 games, the exception was Washington, which was an excellent struggle that i ended up winning in the last minute after being behind or tied all game long.

Last night I finally started Big XII play, K.State, on the road. I figured it was going to be a tough win, rival game and all.

Basically I mowed through them. All said and done, I was out yardaged, out time of posessioned, but won the game 24-0 and basically it felt I had my way with them all game long.

They threw 2 ints, I threw 1 int.

So, basically my question is, does anyone play as K.State, or has anyone played them?

Do they just suck, or are my game settings getting to easy?

Before starting my dynasty, i was playing easier sliders on AA, and playing NE vs. NE games, to get a feel for it all, and only won maybe 50% of the games, they were all low scoring and struggles.

What say you?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 10:25 AM   #2
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Kansas State

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
Playing my first year in my Husker Dynasty, so the schedule goes like this:

Western Kentucky
Idaho
Washington
S. Dakota St.

K.State
etc....

You can imagine, i had my way with 3 of the first 4 games, the exception was Washington, which was an excellent struggle that i ended up winning in the last minute after being behind or tied all game long.

Last night I finally started Big XII play, K.State, on the road. I figured it was going to be a tough win, rival game and all.

Basically I mowed through them. All said and done, I was out yardaged, out time of posessioned, but won the game 24-0 and basically it felt I had my way with them all game long.

They threw 2 ints, I threw 1 int.

So, basically my question is, does anyone play as K.State, or has anyone played them?

Do they just suck, or are my game settings getting to easy?

Before starting my dynasty, i was playing easier sliders on AA, and playing NE vs. NE games, to get a feel for it all, and only won maybe 50% of the games, they were all low scoring and struggles.

What say you?
I'm not sure if it is Kansas State that is effecting you here. You adjusted sliders and played against the NE defense with the NE offense. Of course it will be tougher for you to score in those games. So sounds like you have your sliders just about right. If games against your own team where your defense is better than your offense are low scoring and close you are probably right on with where you want to be.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 07-27-2010, 10:47 AM   #3
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Cool.

And for the record my slider adjustments are simple.

All i've done was bump
CPU RunBlock up 1 click to 55

and
Human Int down to 40

AA, 8 min quarters.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #4
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
Cool.

And for the record my slider adjustments are simple.

All i've done was bump
CPU RunBlock up 1 click to 55

and
Human Int down to 40

AA, 8 min quarters.
Yeah it's best not to mess too much with them. And hey if you play through your entire season and everything feels too easy still, adjust them more to help the CPU in areas you think they are weak, and bump yours down in areas you think are too easy.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 07-27-2010, 12:28 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I play with Jistic's sliders as K-State and had the exact opposite outcome playing against the Huskers. The score was lopsided due to turn overs and the K-State running game. The Huskers moved the ball but didn't score until they were down by 21. I am wondering the same thing as you, about the difficulty that i am playing at currently. I am going to make the running game significantly more difficult (DT is averaging over 7 yards per carry on the season). Now my running game is slowing down a bit over the last two games. The defenses are putting more men in the box and I am able to go up top against the 1 on 1 coverage. It's nice to see that adjustment since previously I was averaging 100 yards passing per game over the first 3 or 4 game of the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 01:00 PM   #6
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrongway221
I play with Jistic's sliders as K-State and had the exact opposite outcome playing against the Huskers. The score was lopsided due to turn overs and the K-State running game. The Huskers moved the ball but didn't score until they were down by 21. I am wondering the same thing as you, about the difficulty that i am playing at currently. I am going to make the running game significantly more difficult (DT is averaging over 7 yards per carry on the season). Now my running game is slowing down a bit over the last two games. The defenses are putting more men in the box and I am able to go up top against the 1 on 1 coverage. It's nice to see that adjustment since previously I was averaging 100 yards passing per game over the first 3 or 4 game of the season.
Are all your games easy or was this one an anomoly? I think being up 21 on NU is unlikely, unless it was just one of those games.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:08 PM   #7
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

I was playing as Kansas(cheap plug, but play with the Jayhawks in the all-blues, because they are very beautiful) against K-State in Lawrence. I had little trouble going up 21-0 in the second quarter. So I have no idea why some people have it easier.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:15 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextel Husker
Are all your games easy or was this one an anomoly? I think being up 21 on NU is unlikely, unless it was just one of those games.
Struggled the first two games of the season needing a strong 4th quarter against western kentucky to pull out a win. Hammered ISU and from that point forward things have gone my way. Against NU, KU and Baylor there have been early turnovers or slow offensive starts in nearly all those games that lead to quick easy scores and big early leads. In nearly all three of those games the opponents' offense finally kicked into gear during the second half, but by then the leads were too large to overcome.

I don't expect KState to run over teams like this in real life but I do think they will be competetive in the North this year. I'm not calling for a division title but with Bill Snyder as the coach I have some hope.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »