Home

Are the bad teams too bad in this game?

This is a discussion on Are the bad teams too bad in this game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 10:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Are the bad teams too bad in this game?

I'm trying to figure out how to deal with this issue, and I'm not sure it's possible, even with the plethora of sliders available. The only one that might help, I think, would be the speed threshold - maybe making slow players less slow would help.

Anyway, the issue is this. I have tough, competitive games against good teams. It's hard to beat them by more than a single score; I've lost several (and even been blown out a couple times). Moving the ball is hard, getting red zone touchdowns feels like WORK, and turnovers will absolutely cost you a game. That tells me my difficulty and sliders are pretty good. But when I play bad teams, it's a joke. If I play a team with B-/C ratings or worse, I crush them... I'm talking about 70 point blowouts, NCAA records being set, that sort of thing.

I'm afraid to mess with my sliders too much in favor of the CPU because it's already really hard to play good teams. I feel like the main advantage I have against the bad teams is that they are just horrible at stopping the outside run and option - I could call those plays less, but that's not realistic to have to do that. Maybe if the speed threshold was higher, their slow linebackers could catch my halfback more easily and prevent these 60 yard breakaway runs. But if I lower my run blocking, I'll get killed by the good teams. It's so easy to get 250 yards rushing vs. a bad team and so hard to get 100 against a decent team. It's just weird.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #2
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Are the bad teams too bad in this game?

What difficulty and quarter length are you playing on?

Sounds like real life to me in terms of what you are describing.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:55 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfan1993
What difficulty and quarter length are you playing on?

Sounds like real life to me in terms of what you are describing.
AA with slider adjustments (mostly favoring the CPU, but also lowering QB accuracy on both sides), 8 minutes.

I agree that it's sort of realistic, but it also seems exaggerated. There are at least three cupcakes on my schedule each season that I feel like I could rush for 350 yards and score 80 points against them if I just kept feeding the ball to my best halfback. I ease off the gas a lot just to satisfy the realist in me. Or is this really what these college mismatches are like, and the coaches take it easy just to not embarrass their opponents..?
Old 07-27-2010, 11:01 AM   #4
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2

Are you subbing your guys out in the 2nd half of these games?

What tempo and style are you playing with, Aggressive/Balanced/Conservative?
Old 07-27-2010, 11:03 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25

I am using playmakers Varsity sliders with my own tweaks and i get SOLID games no matter who i play. Thats not saying every team plays tough. I have Blown out Ol Miss and then walked into louisville cocky and lost by 26!!

I have gone to 3 OT against ECU and i have rallied back from 18 pts down in the 4th to beat Maryland.....

Should give them a go...Varsity difficulty can be tweaked WAY more realisticlly than AA/Hesiman and if you dont stay sharp, the CPU will beat you no m,atter what team your using.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »